Visit Spain’s largest cities, flying to Barcelona and starting with Madrid, the country’s capital, teeming with excellent museums, beautiful buildings and plazas. Next, head to Costa del Sol for five wonderful nights where you can explore the region at your own pace. Refreshed and relaxed, head back to Barcelona, capital of Catalonia and home to eclectic architecture and a vibrant charm all its own. With a country as vast and bountiful as Spain, travelling by train is a great way to cover as much ground as possible while also taking in the breathtaking sights. Let the smooth ride, great service, and amazing vistas transport you from city to city.
- Round-trip flights to Barcelona (Via Toronto or Montreal)
- 11 nights 3-star accommodation (Upgrade to 4-star available) 4 nights Barcelona: HCC Mont Blanc or upgrade to 4-star HCC St Moritz or similar 2 nights Madrid: Hotel Ganivet or upgrade to 4-star Catalonia Gran Vie or similar 5 nights Torremolinos, Costa del Sol: La Barracuda or upgrade to 4-star Melia Costa Del Sol or similar
- Breakfast daily & 1 tasting
- Roundtrip Private Airport transfers in Barcelona
- Roundtrip high-speed train ticket in tourist class between Barcelona and Madrid; Madrid and Málaga; Málaga and Barcelona (Upgrade to preferred class if available)
- Sightseeing Tours: -Half-day panoramic tour of Madrid -Skip-the-line visit to the Royal Palace of Madrid -Full-day excursion to Ronda and Setenil de las Bodegas including tasting -Half-day panoramic tour of Barcelona -Skip-the-line visit to the the Sagrada Família
|Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton|
|Jul 6-Aug 30, 2023||from $3399 + $778 tax|
|Sep 11-Oct 16, 2023||from $3099 + $778 tax|
|Upgrade to 4-star accommodation||from $440 more|
|Upgrade Train to preferred class||from $300 more|
|Victoria, Kelowna||from $200 more|
Please Note: If a forced overnight occurs in either direction, it would be an additional cost if a hotel is needed Hotel: Max 3 in room. Min age 12. Check in: 3:00 p.m, Check out: 12:00 p.m. Barcelona City Tax is not included. To be paid directly at the hotel (1.25€ per person, per night. Max. 7 nights) Included Activities: Depending on availability and operational day, the excursions mentioned in the itinerary may be rescheduled or shifted to take place on an earlier or later day.
Day 1: Depart Canada
Fly to Barcelona.
Day 2: Welcome to Barcelona
Upon arrival in Barcelona, take a private transfer to your hotel and check-in.
Hotel: HCC Mont Blanc (3-star) or similar or upgrade to 4-star HCC St Moritz or similar
Day 3: Barcelona – Madrid (620 km)(B)
After breakfast, make your way to the railway station to take a high-speed train (AVE) to Madrid. Upon arrival, make your way to your hotel and check-in.
Hotel (2 nts): Hotel Ganivet (3-star) or similar or upgrade to 4-star Catalonia Gran Vie or similar
Day 4: Madrid Sightseeing (B) From the old Habsburg and Bourbon quarters to the present modern city, discover Madrid on a panoramic sightseeing tour. Next, skip the line at the Royal Palace of Madrid.
Madrid City Tour and Royal Palace of Madrid:
- Accompanied by an expert guide, visit Gran Via street, Plaza de Espana, Moncloa, Mayor Street, Puerta del Sol, Puerta de Alcala up to the bullring, Columbus Square, Paseo de la Castellana and Santiago Bernabeu Stadium and much more.
- Skip the line at the Royal Palace of Madrid, former residence of the Spanish kings and beautifully furnished and decorated. On this guided visit, admire the reception rooms, the museum area, the royal chapel, the throne room and the private rooms of King Carlos III and Queen Isabel II.
Day 5: Madrid – Malaga – Costa Del Sol (Torremolinos) (525 km)(B)
After breakfast, make your way to the Málaga railway station for your high-speed train to Málaga. Upon arrival, make your way to your hotel on the Costa del Sol and check in. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Hotel (5 nts): La Barracuda (3-star) or similar or upgrade to 4-star Melia Costa Del Sol or similar
Day 6: Costa del Sol: Ronda Excursion & Tasting (B/T)
Make your way to the meeting point and head out to the Serranía de Ronda, a mountain range boasting magnificent scenery.
Ronda Excursion: Upon arrival in Ronda, a city famous for its bandoleros and bullfighters, join your guide for a walking tour. Visit the oldest bullring in the world, built in the 18th century. The bullring also includes a museum. Continue to the city centre and see the impressive El Tajo gorge. Take in the superb views from the Puente Nuevo bridge, which unites the new and old town. Continue with a visit to the Ronda Wine Museum and taste the region’s exquisite wine. Spend time at leisure before returning to Costa del Sol.
Days 7-9: Costa Del Sol at Leisure (B)
Enjoy three days at leisure in beautiful Costa del Sol. Relax on the beach, enjoy one of several optional excursions ($) in the area and take in this region’s magical charm and warmth.
Day 10: Costa Del Sol – Malaga – Barcelona (950 km)(B)
After breakfast, make your way to the railway station to take a high-speed train to Barcelona. Upon arrival, check into your hotel and spend the rest of the day exploring this wonderful city at your own pace.
Hotel (1 nt): HCC Mont Blanc (3-star) or similar or upgrade to 4-star HCC St Moritz or similar
Day 11: Barcelona Sightseeing (B)
Today, enjoy a panoramic tour of Barcelona, followed by a visit to the Sagrada Familia. Spend the afternoon at leisure.
Barcelona Panoramic Tour and Sagrada Familia:
- Drive along Passeig de Gracia to see the incredible houses designed by renowned architect Antoni Gaudi, Casa Batllo and La Pedrera.
- Skip the line at Gaudi’s unfinished temple, the Sagrada Familia, the single and most important site in Barcelona.
Day 12: Barcelona at Leisure (B)
Head out and explore Barcelona at your own pace.
Day 13: Barcelona – Return to Canada (B)
After breakfast, take a private transfer to the airport and board your flight home.
Included Activities: Depending on availability and operational day, the excursions mentioned in the itinerary may be rescheduled or shifted to take place on an earlier or later day.