- Round trip airfare from Vancouver to Barcelona and return from Lisbon
- 9 nights 4-star centrally located accommodations:
- 3 nights hotel in Barcelona at Tryp Apolo or similar
- 3 nights hotel in Madrid at Novotel Madrid Center or similar
- 3 nights hotel in Lisbon at Marques De Pombal or similar
- Sightseeing & Activities: Sightseeing with a Local Guide, inside visits, and special features are shown in UPPERCASE
- Vacation Overview: Local Host & Destination Guides with city maps
- Meals: Buffet breakfast daily
- Transportation: Travel by high-speed AVE train (first class) Barcelona-Madrid; by air on selected flights from Madrid to Lisbon with transfers
- Round trip transfers from airport/train station to/from hotel
Book by March 9 and save $100 per person (price reflects savings)
|May 1 – 31, 2020||Daily departures|
|Vancouver||from $4299 + $538 tax|
|Kelowna, Victoria||from $4599 + $538 tax|
|Calgary, Edmonton||from $4499 + $538 tax|
|Single add||from $873|
Upgrade hotels Barcelona:CATALONIA RAMBLAS NH COLLECTION GRAN HOTEL CALDERON
Upgrade hotels Madrid:H10 PUERTA DEL ALCALA
|Day 1 BARCELONA, SPAIN
Bienvenido—welcome to sunny Spain! Your Local Host is on hand to help you create lasting memories in the enchanting capital of Catalonia.
|Day 2 BARCELONA
Your morning guided sightseeing includes a drive along elegant Passeig de Gràcia to see the captivating façades of Gaudì’s Casa Batllò and La Pedrera. Pass through the central Eixample district to reach the extraordinary SAGRADA FAMILIA BASILICA. See the Arc de Triomf and stop at Ciutadella Park to begin a walking tour through the medieval streets of the trendy El Born district, home to the Picasso Museum and Santa Maria del Mar church. Your city discovery continues to the Old Port area and Columbus Monument, arriving at magnificent Montjuic Hill with time for a photo stop at Miramar lookout point for breathtaking views of the city.
|Day 3 BARCELONA
Your Local Host has many recommendations for your day—perhaps a visit to whimsical Tibidabo amusement park or a Sardanes folk dancing performance.
|Day 4 BARCELONA–MADRID
Travel by HIGH-SPEED AVE TRAIN (first class) to Madrid.
|Day 5 MADRID
Morning guided sightseeing features a visit to the palatial PRADO MUSEUM to admire one of the world’s finest collections of European art. Also see Plaza de España, Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, Orient Square with the ornate Royal Palace, Parque del Buen Retiro, and the Neoclassical Puerta de Alcalá monument.
|Day 6 MADRID
Today, you may wish to visit the church of San Francisco El Grande with the largest dome in Madrid or the 18th-century Royal Palace. Your Local Host will have many suggestions for your day.
|Day 7 MADRID–LISBON, PORTUGAL
Travel by AIR on selected flights to Lisbon, the capital of Portugal.
|Day 8 LISBON
Morning guided sightseeing features the Baixa city center, and a walk through the cobblestone alleys of ALFAMA, the ancient Moorish quarter. Drive to the Belém district, known for its seafaring past, and visit JERONIMOS MONASTERY, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See Belém Tower and the Monument of the Discoveries from one of the best panoramic viewpoints, and pass by Edward VII Park located near Pombal Square.
|Day 9 LISBON
Your Local Host will have many options for your day at leisure, such as a visit to Berardo Museum with its modern art collection.
|Day 10 LISBON
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.