Forget everything you know about a seaside vacation. This 9-day Egyptian escape introduces you to the incredible seaside of Sharm el-Sheikh, a lush resort town along the Red Sea Coast. Before delving into its wonders and setting sail on a pirate ship, you’ll visit Cairo, the Pyramids of Giza, and some of Egypt’s most fantastic historical landmarks.
- Roundtrip flight to Cairo
- Domestic flights based on Economy Class from Cairo to Sharm and Sharm to Cairo
- 7 nights 5-star accommodation
4 nights Cairo: Sheraton Cairo Hotel or similar
3 nights Sharm el-Sheikh: Savoy Sharm El Sheikh or similar
- Breakfast daily
- Private round-trip airport transfers
- 2 lunches during the tours in Cairo in a local restaurant
- Sightseeing Tours:
-Private guided tours of the Pyramids of Giza, The Great Sphinx of Giza, Memphis and Saqqara.
-Private guided tours of the Egyptian Museum, Citadel of Cairo and the Khan el-Khalili bazaar with entrance fees.
-Snorkelling excursion to Ras Mohammed by pirates’ sailing boat in Sharm el-Sheikh including lunch.
|Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton
|Sep 6,8,10,17, 2022||from $3369 + $780 tax|
|Sep 13,20,22,24,27, 2022||from $2899 + $780 tax|
|Victoria, Kelowna||from $200 more|
If a forced overnight occurs in either direction, it would be an additional cost if a hotel is needed
Not Included: Entrance into any of the three Pyramids, Gratuities for tour guides, drivers etc.
Hotel Room: Max 2 adults and 1 child or infant, Bed either 1 double bed or 2 twin beds
Snorkeling: Snorkeling equipment can be rented on location before boarding the boat.
Transportation: All transfers & visits will be conducted with deluxe A/C vehicles (Hyundai H1, Toyota HiAce or Toyota Coaster)
Included Activities: Depending on availability and operational day, the excursions mentioned in the itinerary may be rescheduled or shifted to take place on a different day.
Day 1: Depart Canada
Fly to Cairo.
Day 2: Welcome to Cairo
Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, your representative will assist you through the immigration process. Board your transfer and check in your hotel in Cairo.
Hotel: 5-star Sheraton Cairo Hotel or similar
Day 3: Cairo Sightseeing (B/L)
After breakfast, head off to visit the Pyramids and Great Sphinx of Giza, Memphis and Saqqara.
Pyramids and Great Sphinx of Giza, Memphis and Saqqara:
- The Pyramid of Cheops is more interesting, because its interior burial chambers are open for inspection by the public. Not far from the Pyramids is the Great Sphinx of Giza. Hewn from natural yellowish limestone and standing 65 feet-high and 187 feet-long, this unforgettable statue combines the head of a Pharaoh with a lion’s body.
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
- In the afternoon, explore ancient Egypt with a visit to Memphis, the old capital of Egypt built by King Menes. The colossal statue of Ramses II is exhibited in the museum.
- Saqqara is where the oldest complete stone building complex known in history was built. You’ll also visit the Pyramid of Djoser and explore some of the mysteries with your knowledgeable Egyptologist.
Day 4: Cairo Sightseeing (B)
Breakfast at the hotel then start tour to visit the Egyptian Museum.
- Egyptian Museum: The present museum building was built in 1900, in the new classical style by the French architect Marcel Dourgnon. The museum exhibited collections exceed 120,000 objects ranges from pre-historic era to the Greco-Roman period. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
- Citadel of Cairo and the Khan el-Khalili bazaar: After visiting the museum, head to the citadel with the towering Great Mosque of Muhammad Ali. The Citadel is one of the world’s greatest monuments to medieval warfare, as well as a highly visible landmark on Cairo’s eastern skyline. A short drive will then take you to the amazing Khan el-Khalili bazaar, where you have some free time to stroll around the most famous bazaar in the world.
Day 5: Cairo – Sharm el-Sheikh (B)
Breakfast in the hotel and check out. Take an escorted transfer to Cairo’s domestic airport for your flight to Sharm el-Sheikh. Check in to your hotel and the rest of the day is at leisure to enjoy the hotel amenities.
Hotel: 5-star Savoy Sham El Sheikh or similar
Day 6: Sharm el-Sheikh Sightseeing (B/L)
Breakfast at your hotel. Take the transfer from your hotel to the marina to board the sailing boat.
Pirates Sailing Boat Tour:
An exciting adventure, moving fast through the ocean. Stop at three different snorkelling sites (White Island/Magic Island & Ras Za’atar). Enjoy large, very spacious sailing ship with 3 decks and luxurious décor. This unique boat offers a full sun deck area with waiter service and chill-out music, perfect for those sun worshippers. Lunch is served at the onboard restaurant!
Days 7: Sharm el-Sheikh at Leisure (B)
Enjoy the hotel facilities and beach activities around the sublime seaside of Sharm el-Sheikh.
Day 8: Sharm el-Sheikh – Cairo (B)
After breakfast, check out and take your transfer to Sharm el-Sheikh airport for your flight to Cairo. Upon arrival, check in to your hotel and the rest of the day is at leisure.
Hotel: 5-star Sheraton Cairo Hotel or similar
Day 9: Cairo – Return to Canada (B)
After breakfast, take a private transfer to the airport and board your flight home.
Included Activities: Depending on availability and operational day, the excursions mentioned in the itinerary may be rescheduled or shifted to take place on an earlier or later day.