Breathtaking, lush landscapes combined with vibrant cities and historic attractions—all of this and more await you on this Irish Explorer tour, including Northern Ireland. Starting and ending in Dublin, explore Ireland in depth and hear exciting stories of its rich history, legends, and myths.
- 8 night guided vacation
- 8 nights in Superior Tourist Class accommodation below or similar
- Professional Tour Director while touring, Local Guide for visit to House of Waterford Crystal
- 11 Meals: 8 Full Irish breakfast daily; 3 three-course dinners with choice of menus
- Round trip transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to airport
|May 1 – October 30, 2022||from $2199 tax included|
|Choose a small discovery tour with max 24 passengers.
Available on select dates only
|Single Room Supplement||add from $383|
(Tour Director & Driver)
|add $114 per person|
Round trip airfare to Dublin not included but can be added
Note: Passport and emergency contact information needed with final payment.
Upgrade your tour package to First Class Vacation (Globus):
Emerald Isle or Scenic Ireland
- DUBLIN – Orientation drive
- DOWNPATRICK – See the burial place of St. Patrick
- BELFAST – Visit Northern Ireland’s capital
- GIANT’S CAUSEWAY – See the amazing basalt columns
- DERRY – Visit the walled city
- DONEGAL – Visit the coastal town
- DRUMCLIFF – Visit W.B. Yeats’ burial place
- GALWAY – Visit the port city
- CLIFFS OF MOHER – Savor the spectacular views
- ADARE – Admire the thatched cottages
- DINGLE PENINSULA DRIVE – See the Blasket Islands
- KILLARNEY – Visit the popular resort town
- RING OF KERRY – Scenic peninsula drive
- BLARNEY – Visit the famous village
- WATERFORD – Guided tour of the House of Waterford Crystal
- AVOCA – Visit the handweaving mill
2021 Itinerary (subject to change)
Inside visits and special features are shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
Day 1: ARRIVE IN DUBLIN, IRELAND
Check into your hotel. At 3 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for an afternoon orientation drive through statue-lined O’Connell Street and elegant Georgian squares to St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Trinity College. End the day with an optional dinner evening at the Guinness Storehouse.
Accommodation: The Bonnington Dublin Hotel (or similar)
Day 2: DUBLIN–DOWNPATRICK, NORTHERN IRELAND–BELFAST (B)
On your northbound route today, pass Drogheda, scene of the Battle of the Boyne in 1690, then through the fertile landscape of the Boyne Valley, known for its prehistoric passage graves. Cross the border into Northern Ireland, and drive past the Mountains of Mourne to Downpatrick, the burial place of Patrick, Ireland’s Patron Saint, and on to the vibrant city of Belfast, where the Titanic was built. Later, why not join a Local Guide on a “living history” tour, including a visit to the fascinating Titanic Experience?
Accommodation: Jurys Inn Belfast (or similar)
Day 3: BELFAST–GIANT’S CAUSEWAY–DERRY–DONEGAL, IRELAND–DRUMCLIFF–SLIGO (B/D)
First stop this morning is awe-inspiring GIANT’S CAUSEWAY, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then, let the province’s story unfold as you head for the city of Derry before returning to the Republic to visit Donegal, the ancient town founded by Danish Vikings and home of the O’Donnell Clan. Drive along Donegal Bay with its small fishing ports and hidden beaches, and stop in Drumcliff to see the grave of W.B. Yeats before arriving in Sligo.
Accommodation: Southern Hotel Sligo (or similar)
Day 4: SLIGO–GALWAY–CLIFFS OF MOHER–LIMERICK (B)
Travel farther south to Galway, a popular seaside destination and a buzzing cosmopolitan center with colorful shops, and a busy café and bar culture. Cross the limestone plateau of The Burren to visit the spectacular 668-foot CLIFFS OF MOHER. Tonight, you might like to join an optional medieval banquet.
Accommodation: Limerick City Hotel (or similar)
Day 5: LIMERICK–ADARE–DINGLE PENINSULA–KILLARNEY (B)
Start your day with a stroll through Adare, a village known for its prize-winning thatched cottages. Then, take in the breathtaking scenery of the Dingle Peninsula, where the 32-mile Slea Head drive affords magnificent vistas of the Atlantic Ocean. See the Blasket Islands, and hear about the way of life and unique literary achievements of its inhabitants prior to their evacuation in 1953. The next two nights are spent in the popular resort of Killarney. Tonight, enjoy the optional outing to Tralee for dinner and a performance at Siamsa Tire, Ireland’s National Folk Theatre.
Accommodation: The Parkavon Hotel (or similar)
Day 6: KILLARNEY. RING OF KERRY EXCURSION (B/D)
At Killorglin, join the RING OF KERRY for a 100-mile coastal panoramic drive featuring sparkling seascapes, mountains dotted with brightly colored farmhouses, winding lanes bordered with subtropical vegetation, and spectacular views of the Lakes of Killarney from Ladies View. Back in Killarney, a special optional adventure: take a horse-drawn jaunting car along the national park lakeshore for pictures of Ross Castle.
Day 7: KILLARNEY–BLARNEY–WATERFORD–TRAMORE (B/D)
More scenic splendor as you head over the Kerry Mountains into County Cork. Stop in Blarney, famous for its Stone of Eloquence, with time at your leisure to see the castle and shop for Irish crafts and handmade crystal. After lunch, drive past Cork, the country’s second-largest city on the way to Waterford, where a guided tour of the HOUSE OF WATERFORD CRYSTAL is included. Spend the night at the nearby seaside resort of Tramore. Later, consider an optional pub tour.
Accommodation: Majestic Hotel (or similar)
Day 8: TRAMORE–AVOCA–DUBLIN (B)
On the last leg of your journey, visit Ireland’s oldest HANDWEAVING MILL at Avoca, and enjoy views of the Wicklow Mountains on your way to Dublin. An optional Irish cabaret evening, including dinner, dance, song, and laughter would be an exciting finale to your vacation.
Accommodation: The Bonnington Dublin Hotel (or similar)
Day 9: DUBLIN (B)
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
2021 & 2022 Peace of Mind Travel Plan
All 2021 travel bookings automatically come with our Peace of Mind Travel Plan*—free of charge. This plan gives guests the ability to move their booking to another destination, vacation, brand or simply a different 2021 or 2022 departure date in our vast travel portfolio, no questions asked. Just let us know before final payment and we’ll waive all land or cruise penalties and transfer to the new vacation.
And for as long as the COVID-19 pandemic is still affecting, travel**, all bookings for 2022 travel dates are also covered by our Peace of Mind Travel Plan, extending the ability to move travel dates through 2023.
* The Peace of Mind Travel Plan allows for any 2021 booking made on Avalon Waterways, Cosmos, Globus or Monograms to be changed to a different brand, destination or to another 2021 or 2022 departure date. Notice of change in travel plans must be given before final payment date; standard cancellation penalties will apply for full cancellation without rebooking or changes made after final payment date. The penalty waiver applies to the land or cruise portion of the booking only; airfares and vacations booked air-inclusive may be subject to penalties and/or change fees from the airline*. Applicable price and eligible promotions for the new tour or cruise will apply; if new trip is less expensive, a future travel credit will be issued for the difference in price. Cannot be applied to charters, custom tours, or TBA space. No cash value. Credit is fully transferable. Offer reliant on space availability. May be withdrawn at any time. Additional restrictions may apply; see Travel Terms & Conditions for details. *See optional Travel Protection Plan coverage for details.
** For 2022 bookings, travel dates can be moved to any other brand, destination or departure, 2021, 2022 or 2023 dates for the duration in which the COVID-19 pandemic is determined to still be affecting travel if your country of residence’s federal health agency has issued a warning to avoid non-essential travel, due to COVID-19, for your destination.