Showcasing the very best sights and scenery of Ireland including the Wild Atlantic Way and a night at the magnificently restored Ashford Castle.
- Round trip airfare from home city to Dublin
- 7 nights guided vacation
- 11 meals
- Airport transfers
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- All taxes and porterage charges at hotels included
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- Dublin: Enjoy VIP priority entry to the Book of Kells and a guided walk though Trinity College with a University insider.
- Killarney: Join a Local Expert for a one-hour hike on wooded paths and lakeside trails along West Meadow Bay.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the Custom House, Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle and the Georgian townhouses as you travel down O’Connell Street and along the River Liffey.
- Cashel: Once the seat of the Kings of Munster, visit the spectacular rock reputed to be the site of the conversion of King Aengus by St Patrick.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. You are invited to dangle from the ramparts of Blarney Castle to acquire the gift of the gab.
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lakelands and remote villages as you travel the Ring of Kerry.
- Shannon Estuary: Cross the estuary by ferry.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and overlook the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Galway: See the stunning cathedral of the City of Tribes.
- Cong: Enjoy time as you wish to explore this delightful, quintessential Irish village, used as the location for 1952 film, ‘The Quiet Man.’ See the statue of the lead characters played by John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara, and the ruins of the Medieval Cong Abbey.
- Ashford Castle: On arrival to Ashford Castle, you are escorted over the drawbridge by a lone piper for a majestic entrance fit for royalty.
- Scenic Drives: The Irish scenery is one of the most beautiful in the world. Relax and admire the views as your travel along the Ring of Kerry and through County Clare, Burren and Connemara.
- Ashford Castle: One of the finest culinary experiences in the world, a delicious Farm-to-Table menu awaits you.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B), 2 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Book and pay by February 27 and SAVE $280 per person! (price reflects savings)
|Based on Double or Single Share*||July 18, 2020|
|Vancouver, Toronto||$4099 + $706 tax|
|Kelowna, Victoria, Comox,
|from $4399 + $706 tax|
|Single Room Supplement||add $1200|
(Travel Director and Driver)
|add $117 per person|
Day 1 – In Dublin’s Fair city.
Welcome to Dublin. On arrival at Dublin airport, your airport transfer shuttle service leaves for your hotel at 08:30, 11:00 and 13:00. Meet your Travel Director at 14:30 for an orientation tour that brings to life Dublin’s architectural treasures and history, stretching back more than 1,000 years. As you travel along O’Connell Street and the River Liffey you will see the Custom House, Guinness Storehouse and Dublin Castle. Walk the cobbled courtyards of Trinity College while accompanied by a university insider who will share insights into modern life and the establishment’s impressive history. Then, enjoy VIP priority entry to the 9th century Book of Kells. Back at your hotel, join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Reception with drinks and the opportunity to mingle and get to know each other over a pleasant evening of dinner and wine.
Meals: Dinner with Wine
Accommodation: Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane (or similar)
Day 2 – Cashel and Blarney, heading for Killarney.
Depart Dublin, and pass the famous Curragh Racecourse and green meadows where many of the finest Irish racehorses are bred. Continue to Blarney Castle where you climb to the ramparts and kiss the magical stone to ensure a lifetime of eloquence. Head to Killarney, where you may fancy a ‘pint of porter.’ This town on the lakes is famous for its lively pubs so in the evening why not join in the ‘craic’?
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Accommodation: Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa (or similar)
Day 3 – Ring of Kerry Experience.
In the morning, marvel at spectacular mountain and sea views as you travel the road that winds around the beautiful Iveragh Peninsula, better known as the Ring of Kerry. There is a chance to join a hike with a Local Expert along the lake shore and past the farmlands of the Muckross Estate, admiring the spectacular scenery. Walk by West Meadow Bay and see Muckross House. While there are no mountains to climb, walkers should be fit, have good walking shoes or boots, sunscreen and rain gear. For those who do not want to join the hike, the coach will return to Killarney, where the rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 4 – The Cliffs of Moher and on to Galway.
Cross the Shannon Estuary by ferry and enter County Clare. Stop at the Exhibition Centre and enjoy a walk along the Cliffs of Moher, raised approximately 700 feet above the pounding Atlantic waves. Then travel north across the Burren, a suddenly stark and barren landscape, scarred with interesting limestone creases. Journey to Galway, the City of the Tribes, and visit the lovely cathedral. Take in the scenery from your hotel, which is spectacularly set on the shores of Galway Bay.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Accommodation: Connemara Coast Hotel (or similar)
Day 5 – Captivating Connemara.
Embark on a superb excursion through the Connemara National Park and see a wonderland of rivers, lakes and silent hills. Explore Connemara with Insight Choice. Choose between a visit to the turreted Neo-Gothic Kylemore Abbey or a visit to an oyster farm for a tasting.
Day 6 – Majestic Ashford Castle.
Sitting on the edge of Lough Corrib and nestled on the border of County Galway and County Mayo, is the delightful Cong. You may recognise much of the town as it was used as the location in the 1952 film, ‘The Quiet Man.’ With free time to explore this quintessential Irish village, see the statue of the lead characters played by John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara, and the ruins of the Medieval Cong Abbey. Then a short drive down the road leads you to the highlight of your travels, where a lone piper escorts you over the drawbridge to majestic Ashford Castle. Your exquisite hotel provides a romantic backdrop in superior surroundings, offering both relaxation and comfort. There are many opportunities to explore the vast estate, pamper yourself at the spa, or get to know the hawks and woodland surroundings at the hotel’s falconry school. Dining at Ashford Castle ranks among the finest culinary experiences in the world. Creative cooking, locally sourced ingredients and an innovative menu await at your Celebration Dinner. Gentlemen, a jacket is required.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
Accommodation: Ashford Castle (or similar)
Day 7 – Across the Emerald Isle to Dublin.
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the morning and perhaps a stroll on the estate? Then cross the midlands to Dublin where the rest of the day is free for independent activities and maybe some last minute shopping.
Accommodation: Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane (or similar)
Day 8 – Depart Dublin.
Your Journey comes to an end after breakfast. Departure transfers arrive at Dublin airport at 07:00, 09:00 and 10:30.