Waltz through the heartland of Europe on this timeless passage of the Danube, slipping between the elegant capitals of Vienna and Budapest and on to the enigmatic reaches of Eastern Europe. This 8-day river cruise takes you through four diverse countries, introducing cultural highlights from traditional Hungarian folk music and dance, to the burgeoning viticulture of Croatia and the sprawling heritage of Serbia – immersing you in uniquely EmeraldPLUS experiences.
Travel Best Bets Package Includes
- Return airfare to Vienna and return from Belgarde
- Deluxe 7 night all-inclusive river cruise aboard Emerald Dawn
- Airport transfers to and from the Ship
- Prepaid gratuities
Book by March 31, Save from $750 on select 2019 itineraries PLUS receive either a Premium Beverage Package or €200pp On Board Credit.
|Vancouver, Toronto||Outside||Balcony Suite||Taxes & Fees|
|August 2, 2019||$4599||$6099||$798|
|Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna, Victoria,Comox||add $300 per person|
It’s Amazing What’s also Included:
- Boutique contemporary hotel feel, with spectacular on board heated pool, cinema, spa and lounge
- Spacious, comfortable accommodations with panoramic suites and staterooms
- Gourmet all-included on board meals and highlight dinner events, al-fresco on The Terrace or in the well-appointed Reflections Restaurant
- Enjoy in depth cultural experiences with EmeraldPLUS excursions; cheese and olive tasting or Provencal dinner on board hosted by a local chef
- Emerald’s Concierge Service* – served right to your suite, enjoy continental breakfast, predinner canapés and after dinner treats
- A refined selection of wine, beer and soft drinks to accompany lunch and dinner
- Tea and coffee available at all times
- Bottled water restocked daily in your cabin
- Built-in adventure, with an included on shore excursion at every port
- Visits to many UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Emerald Active guided biking and hiking tours
- Excellent service from an English speaking crew
- Knowledgeable, personable local destination guides
- Complimentary bicycles on board
- Complimentary on board Wi-Fi
Day 1 Sat, 03 Aug Arrival Vienna (D)
Welcome to Vienna, the capital of classical music, embark your Emerald Waterways luxury river cruise ship and where you will be welcomed by your Captain and crew.
Day 2 Sun, 04 Aug Vienna (B,L,D)
Today, you have a choice of either exploring Austria’s capital beginning with a drive along the magnificent Ringstrasse, where we will see the sights of Vienna’s world-famous attractions such as the Opera House, Burgtheater, Town Hall, St. Stephen’s Cathedral and the Hofburg Imperial Palace. If you feel active, join the guided bike tour instead of the drive around and guided walk.
EmeraldACTIVE: Guided bike Tour
DiscoverMORE: Exclusive Viennese concert with music from Mozart and Strauss (extra expense)
Day 3 Mon, 05 Aug Budapest (B,L,D)
Budapest is Eastern Europe’s liveliest and most cosmopolitan city. Enjoy a guided tour of the city sights including the Hungarian Parliament Building, the Buda Castle and the Chain Bridge linking Buda and Pest or an exciting hike on the Buda Hill. This evening the ship will take you for a night–time cruise along the Danube, passing under the city’s numerous bridges, whilst enjoying a traditional Hungarian farewell dinner, complete with folk dancing and music.
EmeraldACTIVE: A guided hike to Buda Hill
EmeraldPLUS: Traditional Hungarian Folklore Show & Budapest Evening Cruise
DiscoverMORE: Visit to Szentendre (extra expense)
Day 4 Tue, 06 Aug Mohacs – Pécs (B,L,D)
Today you will sail to the Hungarian border with Croatia to visit the picturesque town of Pécs. This town was founded by the Romans and it is known for its architectural landmarks such as the Early Christian Mausoleum, which features frescoed tombsm, the Vast Pécs Cathedral towers over central Szent István Square and the domed Mosque of Pasha Gazi Kasim.
DiscoverMORE: Villány Wine Tasting Tour (extra expense)
Day 5 Wed, 07 Aug Osijek (B,L,D)
Osijek is an area that was heavily damaged during the Croatian War of Independence at the end of the communist era. Compare stories back at the ship and enjoy an evening of sailing further down the Danube into Serbia, where remnants of former conflicts can be regularly seen along the river banks.
EmeraldPLUS: Home Hosted Lunch with a Croatian Family
EmeraldPLUS: Meet students from the local village
Day 6 Thu, 08 Aug Novi Sad (B,L,D)
Novi Sad located northeast of Serbia, is consider a hidden gem on the banks of the Danube River. Across the river is the old quarter, Stari Grad, site of the Gothic Revival Name of Mary Church and the neo-Renaissance City Hall.
DiscoverMORE: Visit to Sremski Karlovci (extra expense)
Day 7 Fri, 09 Aug Belgrade (B,L,D)
Serbia’s vibrant capital awaits today, your city tour includes a visit to Tito’s Memorial, the impressive Fortress Kalemegdan and St Sava Church which is the world’s largest orthodox cathedral.
EmeraldACTIVE: Guided Biking Tour
EmeraldPLUS: Serbian Folklore Evening Show
DiscoverMORE: National Opera Theatre Tour (extra expense)
Day 8 Sat, 10 Aug Belgrade Disembarkation (B)
After breakfast, it is time to farewell your fellow passengers and disembark the ship for your transfer to the airport.