Step into a world of snow-capped mountains, traditional alpine villages and warm hospitality. This idyllic journey takes you to fairy-tale castles, breathtaking peaks and storybook meadows.
Travel Best Bets Package Includes
- Round trip airfare from home city to Zurich
- 9 nights guided vacation, with stays in exceptional accommodation
- Dining Summary: 9Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 5 Dinners with wine (DW)
- INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
- Lucerne: Join a Military Expert at the Vitznau Artillery Fortress, carved into the side of a mountain, to discover the munitions halls, galleries and armaments.
- Liechtenstein: Visit Liechtenstein, known for being one of Europe’s smallest countries, and dotted with medieval castles, traditional villages and dramatic mountains.
- St. Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- St Moritz: Experience St. Moritz Your Way with a choice of joining a nature guide for a mountain stroll or learning about the incredible local wildlife – like Marmots, Red Deer and the Golden Eagle – from a wildlife expert.
- Glacier Express: Take your first class seat aboard this world-famous train and marvel at unrivalled views of snow-covered peaks.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort. Should weather permit, you may even see the majestic peak of the Matterhorn.
- Gornergrat: Ride the cogwheel train to the summit of the mountain, for a glimpse of Switzerland’s highest peaks, the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa.
- Lake Geneva: Visit beautiful Chillon Castle, former home to the Counts of Savoy, with your Local Expert.
- Geneva: Join your Local Expert for an orientation walking tour of Geneva with stops at the Floral Clock and the Reformation Monument.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the stirring Lion Monument, Old Town Hall, the covered bridges and the quaint square of Weinmarkt with its Renaissance fountain.
- Broc: Visit Maison Cailler, in the village of Broc, and immerse your senses in the wonderful world of chocolate!
- Zürich: Brasserie Lipp is one of the oldest Parisian-style brasseries in Zürich and a favourite to locals and travellers alike for many years. Enjoy local Swiss cuisine, served with wine as you get to know your fellow travellers during your Welcome Dinner.
- St. Moritz: Enjoy your evening meal at the delightful Restaurant Engiadina.
- Zermatt: On Your Choice Evening, you will be offered a hand-picked selection of local restaurants, choose your own ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Geneva: Appreciate the quality and ﬂawless service of the Michelin-starred restaurant, La Ferme de l’Hospital, in Bossey. This 17th century farmhouse has been re-imagined by chef Jean Jacques Noguier to serve innovative cuisine featuring seasonal flavours and local wines.
- Gruyères: Around a bubbling pot of delicious, freshly made fondue, savour authentic Swiss dining with a chilled glass of wine.
- Lucerne: Cruise on Lake Geneva before embarking on a scenic journey by cable car to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn. Here, amid true Alpine majesty, your journey comes to a close with a fabulous Celebration Dinner at a panoramic rotating restaurant, offering expansive views over the Alps.
- St. Moritz: Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains is located at the Mauritius spring, the actual root of St Moritz itself. With direct access to the ski and hiking region of Corviglia, the hotel offers excellent facilities. The sports centre and local swimming lakes are also within easy walking distance.
- Zermatt: Situated in the heart of Zermatt, Mont Cervin hotel offers a range of gourmet restaurants, a wellness spa and easy access to beautiful mountain trails.
- Geneva: Rated as the No. 1 hotel of the ‘Top 15 Hotels of Switzerland’ at the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards 2017, the Hotel d’Angleterre is set on the banks of Geneva’s Lac Leman and beautifully reflects the essence of a Red Carnation Hotel, where each of the individually-designed rooms combines traditional charm and elegant style with modern amenities.
|June 15, 2019||Based on Double|
|Vancouver, Toronto||$7799 + $659 tax|
|Kelowna, Victoria, Comox||add from $300 more per person|
|Single Room Supplement||add $1600|
(Travel Director and Driver)
|add $186 per person|
Day 1: Arriving prior to 6:00pm ensures guests won’t miss out on the Welcome Dinner.
Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
Day 1 – Welcome to Switzerland.
Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. On arrival at Zürich Airport, meet your personal chauffeur and transfer to your prestigious downtown hotel, located just steps away from the tree-lined Bahnhofstrasse, one of Europe’s most exclusive shopping streets. Join your Travelling Concierge at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner of traditional Swiss cuisine, hosted at Brasserie Lipp, a local favourite.(Dinner with Wine)
Day 2 – Vaduz and St. Moritz.
Journey to Vaduz, the capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein. Known for being one of Europe’s smallest countries, Liechtenstein is dotted with medieval castles, traditional villages and dramatic mountains. On arrival, ascend the Julier Pass until you reach the sparkling Engadine Valley and the chic, jet-set resort of St. Moritz. Dine in style at the local Restaurant Engiadina in the evening.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 3 – The Roof of Europe.
Experience St. Moritz Your Way and choose between joining a nature guide for a gentle mountain hike, if the weather permits, or hearing a talk about the incredible local wildlife like Marmots, Red Deer and the Golden Eagle. Enjoy the afternoon at your leisure, perhaps shopping in the designer boutiques. Alternatively, enjoy the facilities of your prestigious hotel, which boasts a selection of gourmet restaurants, a luxury spa and a tennis-and-squash centre.(Breakfast)
Day 4 – All Aboard The Glacier Express.
Step aboard the world-famous Glacier Express and take your first class seats for a spectacular ride through the heart of the Swiss Alps. Descend through the spiral tunnels of the Albula Pass and over the lofty Landwasser Viaduct. Picturesque landscapes of ice-capped mountains and stone-built villages, with chalet-style houses, will be in sight as you ascend to the highest point of the route, 2,033 metres to the icy Oberalp Pass. The modern panorama viewing car means you won’t miss a thing on your descent to Andermatt. Arrive in Zermatt in the late afternoon where you’ll be escorted to your hotel. As dusk descends, Zermatt offers a wealth of dining possibilities. This evening you’re invited to choose from a hand-picked selection of fine local restaurants and authentic menus for Your Choice Evening.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 5 – Zermatt and Gornergrat Experience.
Board the cogwheel train that winds slowly up through the aromatic forests and alpine meadows of Gornergrat Mountain to reach the highest outdoor train station at 3,089 metres. As you travel through the aromatic forests and alpine meadows, keep an ear out for the soft chiming of cowbells in the background. From the summit, expect superb views of the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa, Switzerland’s highest peaks. In the afternoon, spend time at leisure, perhaps enjoying a swim and spa treatment at your five-star hotel?(Breakfast)
Day 6 – Chillon Castle and The French Bank of Lake Geneva.
Journey along the Lower Rhone Valley to the shores of Lake Geneva. Marvel at the grandeur of one of Europe’s largest lakes, known for inspiring the early European Romantic movement. With your Local Expert, visit the beautiful Chillon Castle, former home to the Counts of Savoy, set on a rocky islet in the lake. Following his walk through the dungeons, Lord Byron was inspired to write the poem, ‘The Prisoner of Chillon.’ Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar. In the afternoon, drive along the French bank of Lake Geneva passing the resort town of Évian-les-Bains, famous for its Natural Mineral Water. Once in Geneva, arrive at Hotel d’Angelterre, perfectly situated on the banks of the Lake. Voted No. 1 Hotel in Switzerland by Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards 2017, the hotel blends British charm with the finest Swiss hospitality. This evening, you’re invited for a special dinner at La Ferme de l’Hospital. This former farmhouse, now a Michelin-starred restaurant led by chef Jean Jacques Noguier, offers a creative menu using only the freshest seasonal ingredients, and a large selection of local wines.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 7 – Highlights of Geneva.
Join your Local Expert for a walking tour of Geneva with stops at the Floral Clock and the Reformation Monument, before enjoying the rest of the day at your leisure. Perhaps have High Tea in the afternoon at your hotel or enjoy a cocktail and live music in the Leopard Bar? Walk across the road to the banks of Lake Geneva and watch the sun dip beyond the mountains.(Breakfast)
Day 8 – La Gruyère and on to Lucerne.
Journey through story-book Alpine scenery en route to see the dairy cattle of La Gruyère, famous for producing delicious milk and cheese. Visit Maison Cailler in the village of Broc where chocolate creation has been raised to a specialised art form. Travel to the lovely medieval town of Gruyères, Switzerland’s cheese manufacturing mecca. For your Highlight Lunch, savour the region’s most famous culinary treat with a pot of bubbling fondue and a glass of chilled white wine. Continue on to beautiful Lucerne where sightseeing with your Travel Concierge shows you its many highlights. See the stirring Lion Monument, Old Town Hall, the covered bridges and the quaint square of Weinmarkt with its Renaissance fountain.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)
Day 9 – Lovely Lucerne.
Join a Military Expert at the Vitznau Artillery Fortress, carved into the mountainside, to discover the munitions halls, galleries and armaments, which date back to World War II. Enjoy some leisure time in the afternoon. This evening, embark on a scenic journey with a romantic cruise upon Lake Lucerne to reach Stans, followed by a cable car to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn. Here, amid true Alpine majesty, your journey comes to a close with a fabulous Celebration Dinner at a panoramic restaurant, offering expansive views over the Alps.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 10 – Farewell Lucerne.
After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and transfer to Zürich airport for your onward journey. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home.(Breakfast)
Wherever you go, we’ll delight and surprise you with amazing experiences, tastes, sights, sounds and people.
With specialist knowledge of exclusive VIP experiences, fine dining and luxury hotels, we are dedicated to bringing you journeys shaped by our family heritage of close to 100 years of high-end travel industry expertise and a total commitment to service.
You can unplug, relax, enjoy, open up to the charm of different cultures and let us take care of every little detail.
Exclusive VIP Experiences
Each journey includes exclusive VIP experiences unique to Luxury Gold. We’ll introduce you to incredible people renowned within their specialist fields. You will have exclusive access to famous landmarks not open to the general public and have access to “sold out” tickets to cultural events, many of which are near-impossible to access as an any independent traveller.
When dining becomes an unforgettable experience. When you travel with us, we’ll take you into a whole dazzlingly diverse world of truly memorable ways to dine.
From boutique hotels to castles and country houses, sophistication and luxury await you every night of your journey.
Expect: A HAND-CRAFTED SELECTION OF HOTELS, EXCEPTIONAL COMFORT, DESIRABLE LOCATIONS, IMPECCABLE SERVICE
Your Travelling Concierge
At your service – Available around the clock, your Travelling Concierge will ensure your trip exceeds your highest expectations. Of course, that includes taking care of all the practical details of a smooth running journey, like hotel check-ins and baggage transfers. But there’s so much more to it than that, because their service is tailored to your interests and preferences. Connected with the locals and able to speak their language, your Travelling Concierge can suggest restaurants, spas and other activities they know you’ll love. It’s all part of their passion to offer you an unforgettable experience, every step of the way.
Local People, Local Experts – One of the most valuable aspects of your Travelling Concierge’s role is to help you connect authentically with the places you visit by meeting local people, and hearing their stories.
Wherever you go, we’ll delight and surprise you with amazing experiences, tastes, sights, sounds and people.
No Finer Way to Travel – Explore Europe in a luxury motor coach. Traverse Ireland and Scotland in a private chauffeur-driven Mercedes. Experience our joint programmes with Uniworld on a boutique luxury rivership, or take in an African safari from a plush Jeep. Wherever in the world you go, you’ll always travel in comfort and class – and in the style best suited to exploring each destination.
Small Group Travel – All our journeys are smaller than you’ll find elsewhere, with no more than 40 guests. Better still, some of our trips to Europe and other destinations are limited to 24 guests. So you can savour personal service and companionship – and faster, smoother travel, with fewer people disembarking at each destination.
With Relaxed Starts, Time is On Your Side – Your journey delicately balances organised events with personal leisure time – which your Travelling Concierge can help you plan. Leaving plenty of time to indulge in luxurious hotel amenities and spa treatments. And on Relaxed Start days, we won’t set off before 9am. Just look for the RS symbol in your itinerary.
Luxury Gold Cares
Enriching Travel Experiences – As one of The Travel Corporation’s (TTC) family of brands, Luxury Gold is a founding member of the TreadRight Foundation and shares a collective desire to protect and conserve the stunningly beautiful environments, fascinating cultures and awe-inspiring communities of our natural world. TreadRight is a not-for-profit organisation that works tirelessly to ensure the environment and communities we visit remain for generations to come. Since 2008, TreadRight has supported more than 40 sustainable tourism projects worldwide, working with expert project partners who directly oversee these projects on the ground. When travelling with Luxury Gold on select itineraries, you’ll see some of these incredible projects in action. In Perugia, experience one of the last remaining hand-weaving textiles in Italy, reminiscent of great medieval and renaissance textile traditions in Italy. In choosing Luxury Gold you are helping TreadRight continue its life-changing work. Visit TreadRight.org for more information