With crystal waters, golden beaches, beautiful scenery, tropical breezes, swaying palms, championship golf courses, award-winning cuisine and world class resorts its no wonder that Maui has been named ‘Best Island in the World’ time and time again.
If you are delighted by diversity in your holidays then look no further: from cascading waterfalls, remote villages such as Hana, picturesque Lahaina, the Marine Preserve of Molokini, the alpine meadows of Upcountry, and the Humpback whales that come through and breed in winter – Maui’s wonders never cease.
- Round trip airfare to Maui
- 7 nights hotel
Apr 15,21,24: $899-$999 + $262 tax (Aston Maui Banyan; 3-star)
Apr 15,21,24: $1189-$1339 + $318 tax (Palms at Wailea; 4-star)
Apr 15,21,24: $1699-$1899 + $399 tax (Honua Kai; 5-star)
May 26,28: $779 + $265 tax (Aina Nalu Lahaina; 3-star)
May 26,28,Jun 12,15,16,17: $1199-$1249 + $304 tax (Westin Maui; 4-star)
Jun 2,4,11,15,16,17: $749-$799 + $260 tax (Kaanapali Maui Eldorado; 3-star)
Jul 14,21,28,Aug 4,18,25: $999 + $280 tax (Kaanapali Maui Eldorado; 3-star)
Jul 14,21,28,Aug 4,18,25: $1239 + $310 tax (Kapalua Villas; 4-star)
Sep 6,13,27,Oct 1,6: $999 + $258 tax (Aston Maui Banyan; 3-star) Suite upgrades available
Sep 6,13,27,Oct 1,6: $1299 + $279 tax (Aston Kaanapali Villas; 3-star)
Sep 6,13,27,Oct 1,6: $1799 + $359 tax (Honua Kai; 5-star)
Victoria, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton departures from $100 more
Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg departures from $200 more
Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal from $400
Connections from other cities available
Flying on a weekday typically is less, then flying on a weekend. Resort Fees additional and vary depending on resorts.
Stay longer in destination, we can price a longer holiday for you or combine with another Hawaiian Island!
Maui’s climate is characterized, depending on your location, by geographic differences in rainfall, high relative humidity, elevation, topography, cloud formations, and dominant trade winds. So weather patterns can vary greatly from one location to another.
One of the most distinctive features of Maui’s climate is the small annual variation in air temperature. With air temperatures this mild for hundreds of kilometres around, the air that reaches Hawaii is neither very hot nor very cold. Showers are very common; yet while some of these are very heavy, the vast majority is light and brief.
Attractions & Sights
There is so much to see and do on this beautiful island. With so many spectacular natural wonders and fascinating attractions the biggest trouble you will have is to choose which one to start with.
Lahaina is a most popular tourist town:
– A large Banyan Tree, once considered to be the center of the city, occupies the whole square. There are a couple of historic places around as well.
– Carthaginian 2 is a replica of a whaling ship.
– Excursion companies offer dinner cruises, whale watching cruises, fishing rides, or trips to the island of Lanai.
– The Sugar Cane Train, officially known as Lahaina Kaanapali Railroad, this is the only train in the whole of Hawaii. It shuttles between Lahaina and Kaanapali.
– Taking a stroll down the Front Street along the shore is a perfect way to spend a lazy afternoon.
– The Maui Arts and Cultural Center was completed in 1994. The Schaefer International Gallery is Maui’s only museum-quality art gallery, while several performance venues including the Castle Theater and Alexander and Baldwin Amphitheater provide space for concerts and plays.
– Maui Nui Botanical Gardens is seven acre large and focuses on flora of Maui, Moloka’i, Lana’i and Kaho’olawe.
– Plenty of tour operator offer helicopter and small plane tours of Maui and the other Hawaiian Islands.
In Wailuku the buildings here maintain the look and feel of the early 1900s. The Bailey House Museum/Maui Historical Society, built in 1833 on the royal compound of high chief Kahekili, now serves as a museum showcasing Hawaiian artefacts, period furnishings, and the paintings of Edward Bailey.
Located at the extreme southeast of the island of Maui, the city of Hana is part of the Road to Hana, and it is surrounded by rainforest and has more lush and green vegetation than other parts of the island.
The area known as Upcountry, found at the foothills of Haleakala, is a ranching area. Pukalani and Makawao are the two largest communities. It’s also in the Upcountry where you will find the only winery on Maui, Tedeschi Vineyards.