Home to British Columbia’s historic capital, ancient rainforests, and carefree surf towns, this sprawling island is dotted with eclectic communities begging to be explored. The Island stretches for 460 kilometres, from the ornate colonial capital of Victoria in the south to Cape Scott’s windswept beaches and rocky headlands at its northern tip. Along with the Gulf Islands, this rugged paradise combines old-growth forests, snow capped mountains, and untamed shorelines to create one of the planet’s most diverse ecosystems. Experience world-class whale watching, birding, and fishing, or just let your worries drift away in the waves of the Pacific.
- 6-nights accommodation including
○ 2 nights in Victoria: Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe (Standard Room)
○ 2 nights in Parksville: Beach Club Resort (Studio)
○ 2 nights in Tofino: Long Beach Lodge, Black Rock Oceanfront Resort or Hotel Zed or similar (Standard room)
- Roundtrip BC Ferries sailing for all paying adults and 1 standard size vehicle between Vancouver Mainland and Vancouver Island
- Admission to:
○ Butchart Gardens (Victoria)
○ 3-hour Whale Watching Tour (Tofino)
- Self-drive itinerary with all of the suggested things to see and do
- Regional travel guide with recommendations of things to see and do
|Rates FROM per person||Double||Triple||Quad|
|Oct 1 – Nov 2||from $1199 + $75 tax||from $999 + $65 tax||from $899 + $60 tax|
|Child Surcharge (5-18 years) $149 – $289|
· Cancel up to 8 days in advance: 100% refundable, less $130 per booking ($100 processing fee + $30 booking management fee). Cancel 7 days or less prior to departure are 100% non-refundable
· *Surcharge applies when staying in Tofino over a Friday and/or Saturday (see above)
· Child surcharge, when sharing room with paying adults, apply (see above)
· Daily departures possible
· On request and subject to availability
· Up to 4 people per room, based on sharing beds
· Ferry reservation
· Additional nights and room upgrades (please ask us for details)
· Parking charges
· National Park Pass
· All other meals and attractions not indicated as being included in the package
Day 1: Vancouver to Victoria
At your leisure take the ferry from Vancouver to Vancouver Island. Depending on the arrangements you wish to have included we can provide you with an open ticket for the ferry or a specific ferry reservation (additional charges apply). Once you arrive on Vancouver Island a multitude of amazing things await you.
Day 2: Victoria
Most of today is at your leisure. Explore the city with Fisherman’s Wharf, the Inner Harbour and Government Street or head out to more nature at East Sooke Park or Brentwood Bay. We included admission to the famous Butchart Gardens for you today.
Day 3: Victoria to Parksville
Say goodbye to Victoria, BC’s capital. Via the Malahat Highway and its pretty views over the Southern Gulf Islands head north towards Central Island. Make sure you arrive in Parksville in time to watch the sunset. They are almost as pretty as the sunrises here.
Day 4: Parksville
Today is at your leisure. The world – or the area around Parksville – is your oyster.
Day 5: Parksville to Tofino
Travel West – Tofino is today’s destination. Once you arrive in Tofino and the Pacific Rim National Park simply sit by the beach and watch the surfers or stroll through the quaint fishing village.
Day 6: Pacific Rim National Park
Today is mostly at your leisure to explore the stunning beaches and secluded coves the Pacific Rim National Park has to offer. The highlight today will be an amazing adventure – a 3h Whale Watching Tour.
Day 7: Tofino to Vancouver
Today, head back to the ferry in Nanaimo and cruise back to the mainland.