Set out from Warsaw to explore the Baltic States, including the capitals Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius. Discover stylish, vibrant cafe societies with fascinating history.
- Round trip airfare from home city to Warsaw and return from Tallin
- 8 nights guided vacation plus 1 night pre-tour hotel
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Vilnius: Explore the Old Town and see the Jesuit University, the Gates of Dawn and the former Soviet KGB headquarters, as you are led by your Local Expert.
- Warsaw. Your Local Expert will explain how this city that was once obliterated city, has been faithfully restored, thanks to art! Explore the Market square in the Old Town, see the tiered Palace of Culture and visit the Chopin Memorial and pay your respects at the Ghetto Heroes Monument.
- Trakai: Take in the idyllic lake setting as you cross the wooden footbridge to the red-brick Gothic castle.
- Vilnius: Visit the church of St. Peter and St. Paul and see the cathedral.
- Siaulai: Visit the unusual Votive Hill of Crosses.
- Riga. Sightseeing of Riga’s Old Town with a Local Expert includes a visit to the Domkirk and seeing the city walls, the House of the Three Brothers and the castle of the Livonian Knights.
- Tallinn: The Old Town is almost a scene from a fairytale and you will have the chance to explore, led by your Local Expert. Visit the market square and see the old German weighing house, pharmacy and Town Hall. If you’re feeling energetic, perhaps walk up Toompea Hill to see the castle and Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the views as you travel through Masuria and along the Gulf of Riga.
- Tallin: Enjoy an authentic meal in a local restaurant surrounded by your newfound friends at your Celebration Dinner in Tallinn.
- Riga: Enjoy the vibrant colours and flavours when sampling some of the local delicacies as you wander through the maze of stalls in Riga Central Market
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
STAY IN STYLE
- Vilnius: Enjoy views overlooking the Old Town Square, from the verandah of Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel.
Last minute promotion save $270 per person (savings reflected in price)
|May 17, 2019||Based on Double or Single Share*|
|Vancouver, Toronto||$3599 + $678 tax|
|Kelowna, Victoria, Comox,
|$3899 + $678 tax|
|Single Room Supplement||add $680|
(Travel Director and Driver)
|add $120 per person|
Day 1 – Arrive Warsaw.
On arrival at Warsaw airport, your transfers will deliver you to the hotel.
Hotel: The Westin Warsaw.
Day 2 – Warsaw.
Relax, enjoy the day on your own and settle in before joining your Travel Director at 18:00. Your Welcome Dinner is at Restaurant Zapiecek, an authentic local restaurant full of Polish charm and serving delicious traditional meals accompanied with wine.
Hotel: The Westin Warsaw.
Meals: Dinner with Wine
Day 3- Exploring the Proud Polish Capital of Warsaw.
A Local Expert will show you how well the Polish capital was restored after almost complete obliteration during World War II. This incredible restoration can be credited to the amazing detail of Canaletto’s paintings! Pass the tiered Palace of Culture and stroll through Łazienki Park to the Chopin Memorial. Take a moment to reflect at the Monument to Ghetto Heroes, built in 1948 to commemorate the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising of 1943. Then walk to the Market Square in the Old Town. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy at leisure. Don’t miss the chance to visit Wilanow Palace, the residence of Polish King Sobieski, known as Victor of Vienna, or perhaps attend an exclusive private recital of Chopin music by a celebrated Polish pianist?
Hotel: The Westin Warsaw.
Day 4- Vilnius, Venerable Capital of Lithuania.
Pass Augustów and Suwalki during your scenic journey through Masuria, a region rich in lakes and vast forests. Cross into Lithuania and continue to the capital city of Vilnius.
Hotel: Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5- Vilnius and the Island Castle of Trakai.
Start your morning at the Baroque Church of St. Peter and St. Paul before moving on to see the neoclassical cathedral. Join your Local Expert for a leisurely walk through the pretty Old Town and see the Jesuit University and the Gates of Dawn. A highlight of your travels will be a visit to the fortified island castle of Trakai. Originally built in the 13th century and now restored to all its glory, this red-brick castle is located on an island in Lake Galvė. In the evening, unwind at your hotel or venture out and explore more of Vilnius. Budding artists should head to Užupis, the city’s bohemian art district. Translating to ‘the other side of the river,’ this relaxed district is home to a number of art galleries, coffee shops and boutique stores.
Hotel: Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel, Vilnius.
Day 6- Siauliai and the Art Nouveau Nirvana of Riga.
Head north to visit the unusual Votive Hill of Crosses near Siauliai, the symbol of resistance against the Soviet occupation. Continue your escorted journey to the Latvian capital of Riga, a melange of Teutonic-inspired spires, stylish cocktail lounges and some of the world’s most remarkable art nouveau architecture.
Hotel: Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, Riga.
Day 7- Riga Sightseeing and on to Tallinn.
Explore Riga’s Old Town with your Local Expert, visit the old aircraft hangers that now house the Riga Central Market, one of the largest visited in Eastern Europe. Enjoy the vibrant colours and flavours when sampling some of the local delicacies as you wander through the maze of stalls. Your travels continue along the shores of the Gulf of Riga and across the Estonian border to reach Tallinn. Hailed by travel aficionados as the new Prague, Tallin is a lively city, where history and modern culture merge. From its brightly coloured architecture, to its quirky art scenes, Tallin is made for the curious and creative.
Hotel: Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, Tallinn.
Day 8- Relaxed Start – Surrender to the Magic of Tallinn.
With a Local Expert, drift back through 800 years of history as you stroll through the cobbled streets of the Old Town, a scene straight out of a fairytale. Visit the market square with its old German weighing house, pharmacy and Town Hall. The energetic may choose to walk up Toompea Hill to see the castle and Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Enjoy free time to browse Tallinn’s shops, famous for fine amber and silver jewellery. Join your travelling companions at a local restaurant for your Celebration Dinner. Toast your trip as you savour a freshly prepared meal, rich with traditional flavours and accompanied with wine.
Hotel: Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, Tallinn.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner with Wine
Day 9- Depart Tallinn.
Departure transfers arrive at Tallinn airport at 05:00 and 10:00.
The Insight difference
As an Insight traveller, you’ll enjoy an altogether deeper, more enriching experience; not just meeting local people, but joining them for unique opportunities to share their stories, passions, customs and expertise.
We’ll take you to places that you otherwise wouldn’t get to if you travelled independently.
Insight Experiences – A carefully curated collection of memories-in-the-making.When you travel with Insight, we’ll introduce you to authentic experiences, fascinating activities and expert insights that you could never enjoy as an independent traveller. Your journey will include unique Insight Experiences from a carefully curated collection. We’ve selected a few of our favourite Insight Vacations experiences below. With these and many more, magical moments and memories await you…
Deliciously Authentic Dining – Dining well isn’t just about great food; ambience, service, location – and, of course, good company – are all essential ingredients of an unforgettable meal. When you travel with us, we provide dining experiences that really connect you to the heart and soul of each destination. In addition, we’ve designed our deliciously varied menu of dining choices to perfectly complement each well-planned day of your journey with us.
Dining the Insight Way – So Many Delicious Ways to Dine
Travel in Style –When you travel with us, we want you to feel entirely relaxed and at ease throughout your holiday. So naturally, we take care of the driving, leaving you free to sit back, and enjoy the journey. Our experienced coach drivers are hand-picked to transfer you seamlessly to your destination, via the best and most scenic routes. Sitting high above the traffic in your uniquely customised Insight Vacations coach, you’ll enjoy the best possible views along with personal air conditioning and double the legroom of a standard coach. And you can catch up online, sharing your photos and highlights with our complimentary Wi-Fi. It’s a sociable way to travel, too. As part of a smaller group, Insight guests enjoy spending quality time together, really getting to know each other – and their Travel Director and coach driver – en route to the next amazing destination.
Hand-Picked Hotels – At Insight, we believe that where you stay makes the difference between a good holiday and an unforgettable one. That’s why we take the greatest possible care in choosing hotels that are truly exceptional in terms of style, location and service. With Insight, your hotels will always be stylish, comfortable and well located. And on some journeys, you’ll have a chance to stay somewhere truly remarkable. Whether that’s a castle steeped in centuries of history, a French chateau set on a beautiful vineyard estate, or an elegant boutique hotel in the heart of one of Europe’s great cities, these are places that will stay with you as treasured memories, for life.
Smaller Group Camaraderie – With an average of just 32 guests and a maximum size of 40, our group travel opportunities are smaller than you’ll find elsewhere. Fewer people means you’ll be able to savour the personal service and companionship of an intimate group as you get to know your like-minded travel friends.
Seamless, Stress-free Travel – Wherever you stay on your travels with us, you’ll enjoy a seamless, stress-free experience, with nothing at all to distract you from relaxing and getting maximum enjoyment from your vacation. We work passionately, 24 hours a day, to ensure you, and tens of thousands of other travelers, can confidently explore your dream destinations.
Insight Vacations Travel at Ease – Your safety is our utmost priority, and in the rare event of a circumstance requiring attention, no matter the scale, you can rest assured that we are always in close communication with our Travel Directors, regional offices and partners in the places in which we operate. We find practical solutions for travel issues and will take care of all the details so you can travel at ease.
Your Insight Travel Director – Your highly-skilled Travel Director will be on hand to share knowledge, advice, act as a travelling concierge, give practical assistance, and manage the details of your journey so that everything runs smoothly. Leave the baggage handling, check-ins, reservations, tips, and all the other details to us. Hassle-free travel is our speciality and we’ve thought of everything, leaving you to relax and effortlessly enjoy your vacation. If you would like suggestions on how you could spend your free time, your Travel Director will be only too happy to offer guidance. See for yourself, and meet our Travel Directors as they guide you through a selection of trips.
Local Experts – Our introductions to locals make it possible for you to gain a meaningful understanding of what it is like to actually live in an area. Historians, artisans, chefs, growers and other local experts who reside in the region will share their stories, traditions and insights, bringing the places you visit to life in a meaningful way. Nothing compares to hearing and seeing first hand from local legends who are passionate about their way of life and keen to share it with others.
Insight Cares – Enriching Travel Experiences. As one of The Travel Corporation’s (TTC) family of brands, Insight Vacations is a founding member of the TreadRight Foundation and shares a collective desire to protect and conserve the stunningly beautiful environments, fascinating cultures and awe-inspiring communities of our natural world. TreadRight is a not-for-profit organisation that works tirelessly to ensure the environment and communities we visit remain for generations to come. Since 2008, TreadRight has supported more than 40 sustainable tourism projects worldwide, working with expert project partners who directly oversee these projects on the ground. When travelling with Insight on select Premium itineraries, you’ll see some of these incredible projects in action. In Perugia, experience one of the last remaining hand-weaving textiles in Italy, reminiscent of great medieval and renaissance textile traditions in Italy. In choosing Insight Vacations you are helping TreadRight continue its life-changing work. Visit TreadRight.org for more information