I am always getting asked what my travel essentials are, either for the plane or hotel room. I just did a segment on this topic on Global, and got a great response, so I thought I would do a follow-up on the subject via my new blog!
It really comes down to individual preference, but I have done a lot of traveling and pretty much have it nailed down to a fine art! So here is my personal list of items I NEVER travel without:
• A great carry on bag. It should be light, roomy and have external pockets for easy access.
• A long sleeved t-shirt. Stylish, light-weight and a great way to add extra warmth in flight.
• Cargo pants. Loose enough for hours of sitting, and the pockets come in handy.
• Comfortable slip on shoes. Not having to unlace and retie saves time and hassle.
• A pashmina is always in my carry on. I wear it as a scarf in destination and it also makes for a great blanket on the plane.
• Good headphones. It’s a great way to tune out travel annoyance and tune into a movie, playlist or even just silence.
• A foldable tote is always zipped into the front pocket of my luggage. It’s great for shopping in destination or to use as an extra carry-on if need be.
• Powdered vitamin supplement to add to my water. I take my refillable bottle empty through security; fill it up at a water fountain and a package.
• Travel candles, help erase the smell of the hotel room. They’re great because they have a lid so travel easily and are easy to reuse.
• A kindle. You don’t have to lug around multiple books, newspapers. You can download everything wirelessly, and it works internationally.