This fabulous river cruise combines time in France’s unparalleled capital of Paris with beautiful scenery along the Seine River and the picturesque and historical region of Normandy.
Embark on your adventure in Paris and sail to Vernon, where you’ll choose between two exciting guided visits—Claude Monet’s stunning gardens at Giverny or the remarkable Bizy Castle, known as “Normandy’s Versailles.” You may choose to go on an excursion to the historic Normandy Landing Beaches, including Omaha Beach, the Point du Hoc monument, and the American Cemetery. In Rouen, best known as the home of Joan of Arc, you’ll go on a guided walk through the medieval quarter and visit the gothic Rouen Cathedral—once the tallest building in the world. From Conflans, go on an excursion to the quaint and inspiring town of Auvers-Sur-Oise—associated with several famous artists, including Vincent van Gogh—or visit Napoleon and Josephine’s Malmaison.
On this French river cruise, you’ll enjoy wine, cheese, beautiful scenery along the Seine River, and stops in charming and historical parts of France, but your adventure would not be complete without some time in Paris—one of the world’s most romantic and vibrant cities! Discover the true heart of Paris on a guided walk through the sites of Paris’ rich history, or take a tour showing you the iconic sites of the Louvre Museum, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, and more.
- Round trip airfare to Paris
- 7 night deluxe cruise aboard Avalon Waterways
- Meals on board: Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily on board your vessel.
- Special onboard and onshore experiences presented by entertainers, artisans, and experts, designed to enrich your cruise.
- Book by May 30: Reduced air and save $1900 per couple! (price reflects below)
|October 30, 2023||Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto|
|Deluxe Stateroom||$4120 – $4369|
|Taxes & Fees||$282|
|Pre Paid Gratuity add $166 per person|
|Air from other gateway cities available from $199 to $299/person additional (inclusive of taxes/fees). Terms apply|
Vernon-Les Andelys: Choice of excursions to Giverny or Bizy Castle; choice of guided walk or guided hike in Les Andelys; onboard crêpe tasting and Pastry Demonstration}
Caudebec: Excursion along the ‘Normandy Abbeys Route’
Caudebec: Choice of full-day excursions to Normandy landing beaches or ‘A Taste of Normandy’ excursion
Rouen: Choice of guided sightseeing, see the Astronomical Clock and visit the cathedral or bike tour
Conflans: Choice of excursions to Auvers-sur-Oise or Napoleon and Josephine’s Château de Malmaison
Paris: Choice of guided sightseeing or historic sights on ‘Heart of Paris’ walking tour
Day 1 PARIS, FRANCE (EMBARKATION) (D)
Welcome to France. Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding
Flights into Paris must arrive by 2:30 pm.
Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
Your day is free to explore the world’s most romantic city before starting your cruise on the Seine. Get acquainted with the City of Light today with some shopping, strolling, or with a croissant and café au lait to watch the world go by amid the Parisian cityscape.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO VERNON
Day 2 VERNON (B/L/D)
Monet’s Muses, Castle Courtyards, and Crêpes du Jour
Visit the Adventure Center for today’s activities with your Adventure Host.
CLASSIC Take a Guided Tour of Giverny, home and inspiration of the master impressionist painter Claude Monet. Walk the grounds and see Monet’s charming residence, and the flower and water gardens captured in his masterpieces, OR: CLASSIC Join a Guided Visit to Bizy Castle—called “Normandy’s Versailles” for its magnificent courtyard, water garden, and stables.
DISCOVERY While sailing, enjoy a traditional French luncheon of authentic French crêpes, followed by a Pastry Demonstration.
This afternoon, enjoy a beautiful cruise to the picturesque town of Les Andelys.
Serenity on the Seine
CLASSIC Take a Guided Walking Tour of Les Andelys—one of France’s most picturesque spots on the Seine, OR:
ACTIVE Join a Guided Hike up to the castle ruins of Château Gaillard—historic home of King Richard the Lionheart.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO CAUDEBEC
Day 3 CAUDEBEC (B/L/D)
Ancient Abbeys Along the Seine
CLASSIC Take a Guided Trip along the Normandy Abbeys Route—where more than 100 medieval Benedictine and Augustine abbeys and churches were built along the Seine. This afternoon, you may choose a Guided Optional Excursion to the old seaside town of Honfleur.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN CAUDEBEC
Day 4 CAUDEBEC. EXCURSION TO NORMANDY (B/L/D)
Heroic Bravery on Normandy Beaches and French Farming Traditions
CLASSIC Join a Guided Tour of Normandy’s WWII landing beaches, visit significant U.S. sites, including Omaha Beach, the Pointe du Hoc monument, and the American Cemetery, OR:
CLASSIC Take a full-day Guided Tour of the British and Canadian commemorative sites, including the British cemetery, Pegasus Memorial, the seaside town of Arromanches, the Juno Beach Center, and the Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery, OR:
CLASSIC Join “A Taste of Normandy” Guided Tour for an in-depth look at this rich agricultural region. See the famous Bayeux Tapestry, visit the beautiful village of Beuvron en Auge and taste Calvados at a local distillery.
Later, enjoy live entertainment on board your ship.
EVENING CRUISE TO ROUEN
Day 5 ROUEN (B/L/D)
The Cathedral of Our Lady and a Heroine for France
CLASSIC Take a Guided Walking Tour of Rouen—site of Saint Joan of Arc’s martyrdom—and see the medieval quarter with its 16th-century Astronomical Clock, and Notre-Dame Cathedral, OR:
ACTIVE Take a Guided Bike Tour to discover and explore the most famous monuments and the lesser known hidden gems of Rouen on two wheels.
EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO CONFLANS
Day 6 CONFLANS (B/L/D)
The Footsteps of Van Gogh, Bonaparte, and Louis XIV
CLASSIC Join a Guided Visit to Auvers-sur-Oise, home and resting place of Vincent van Gogh, OR:
CLASSIC Take a Guided tour of the opulent Château de Malmaison—home of Napoléon Bonaparte and his wife Josephine.
Perhaps, join a Guided Optional Excursion to the Palace of Versailles—home to a succession of French kings.
EVENING CRUISE TO PARIS
Day 7 PARIS (B/L/D)
Cafés, Cathedrals and Canvases in the city of Light
Join your Adventure Host for today’s special activities.
CLASSIC Discover the ancient heart of Paris on a captivating Guided Walk featuring the Palais-Royal, Louvre pyramid, ancient sites on Île de la Cité, the Left Bank, bustling Latin Quarter, and more, OR:
CLASSIC Join a Guided City Tour, that shows you the iconic sites of Paris, such as the Louvre Museum, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, Opéra Garnier, and the famous Champs-Élysées.
Stroll through Paris on your own or linger over wine in a literary café on the Left Bank.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN PARIS
Day 8 PARIS (DISEMBARKATION) (B)
Your cruise ends with breakfast this morning.
Included for Every Avalon Guests
You’ve always forged your own path… with your own distinct perspective of looking at the world. Avalon Waterways presents a river cruise experience with your unique style in mind – offering expansive views and wider perspectives. That’s why we’ve designed a cruise experience that’s just a bit different.
Here are just some of the features and amenities you’ll experience on board our Avalon ships. See the Ship Amenities section below for more information about the amenities in our fleet’s unique ships.
Throughout the Ship
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Panoramic windows
- Elegant, contemporary design & décor
- Friendly, English-speaking crew & Cruise Director
- Sky Deck with whirlpool, shade awnings, game area and premium lounges
- Covered Observation Lounge
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees, as well as treats throughout the day
- Avalon FlexDiningSM for more venue and seating options, including flexible seating times in our Panorama Dining Room
- Avalon Fresh® healthy cuisine options at every meal
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with every lunch and dinner
- Early and Late Riser breakfast options
- Daily a la carte breakfast with full range of classic breakfast items, healthy Avalon Fresh® options and daily specials
- Daily a la carte lunch including regional specialties, healthy Avalon Fresh® options and classic dishes*
- Alternative light lunch at Sky Grill on the Sky Deck (weather permitting)
- Daily Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee, sweet treats & sandwiches
- Daily four-course a la carte dinner in the Panorama Dining Room with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrees and desserts. Includes selections of regional recipes, Western dishes and vegetarian options.
- Enjoy a tasting menu with a view in the Panorama Bistro – a less formal “sit-down” atmosphere while lingering over several satisfying selections
- Welcome & farewell cocktails with sparkling wine and canapés
- Panorama Lounge featuring premium spirits and Avalon specialty cocktails, along with local entertainment special guests
- Cocktails available on the Sky Deck
- Fresh fruit available throughout the day
Health and Fitness
- Canoe, kayak and jogging excursions
- Maps for hiking, biking and jogging routes
- Fitness and wellness activities
- All through your Avalon Adventure Host
Suites & Staterooms
- Comfort Collection BedsSM with choice of mattress firmness
- Egyptian super-combed cotton linens
- Bathrobes & slippers
- Premium L’Occitane bath products
- Large bathroom featuring shower with glass door
- Flatscreen satellite TV with free movie channels
- Individual climate control and in-room safe
- USB Ports
- And, much more
Avalon has designed included activities with a choice of experiences. We invite you to select the tours, activities, and events that interest you most, so you can experience your cruise your way. Plus, we offer independent exploration options and the use of our exclusive AvalonGO APP on most of our cruises.
Below are 3 types of included shore excursions for you to experience.
Your local expert is ready to guide you through the history and heritage of local destinations. You’ll marvel at the legends, lore, and spectacular architecture of iconic and historic sites.
We’ve found inspiring and interactive activities to speak to your interests – from cooking classes, to painting workshops – to immerse yourself in each culture you explore.
Embark on energetic excursions to keep you in motion and on the go – from a guided jogging tour of Amsterdam, to biking, paddling, and hiking your way through scenic locales.