Embark on a journey to the enchanting home of the African safari, fiery savannah sunsets and the colourfully clad Maasai – an epic adventure through Kenya’s iconic wilderness.
- International airfare to Nairobi
- 9 night guided vacation (includes 1 night hotel prior to tour)
- 9 nights accommodation in hand picked hotels, lodges and safari camps (or similar)
- 22 meals: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights as listed, must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Services of a qualified English Speaking Travel Director, Driver Guide
- VISIT Samburu National Reserve, Aberdare National Park, Lake Nakuru National Park, Maasai Mara National Game Reserve
- VIEW Thomson’s Falls in Nyahururu
- Connect With Locals – Savour the rich aroma of coffee during an exclusive Be My Guest experience with local farmers at a Kenyan coffee plantation. (Day 5)
- Dive Into Culture – Visit a Maasai village for an in-depth perspective into the daily life of this colourful tribe. (Day 8)
- Make A Difference – at the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust whose Orphans’ Project will benefit from funds received from Trafalgar’s visit. (Day 2)
- Stays With Stories – Resembling Noah’s Ark, the Ark Lodge in Aberdare National Park has four viewing areas for observing the wildlife which congregate around a floodlit waterhole and salt lick. (Day 5)
Exclusive: Book by March 31!
|Based on Double||April 17, 2020||August 28, 2020|
||$5199 + $732 tax||$6749 + $732 tax|
|Victoria, Kelowna||$5599 + $732 tax||$7149 + $732 tax|
|Calgary, Edmonton||$5499 + $732 tax||$7049+ $732 tax|
|Single Room Supplement||add $1250||add $1650|
Note: Visas are required for travel to Kenya
KENYA: Canadian passport holders can obtain an e-Visa approx. U$51pp prior to departure online at subject to change. HTTP://EVISA.GO.KE/EVISA.HTML
Day 1 – Arrive Nairobi (3 Nights)
Karibu! Your Kenyan safari adventure begins in the capital, Nairobi, where you will be met at the airport by a Trafalgar Representative and transferred to your hotel.
Hotel: Tamarind Tree (or similar)
Day 2– Nairobi
Explore on you on for the day. Spend the evening with your fellow explorers and your Driver Guide enjoying a delicious Welcome Reception at the world-famous Carnivore restaurant.
The full duration of this itinerary is operated by a 4 X 4 safari vehicle, including all road travel and safari game drives. The trip will travel over a variety of terrains, resulting in some rough and bumpy journeys.
Meals: Welcome Reception
Day 3– Nairobi Sightseeing
‘Make A Difference’ this morning during your visit to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Here you’ll learn about the organisation’s acclaimed Orphans’ Project which provides hope for the future of Kenya’s threatened elephant and rhino populations. Watch the resident baby elephants wallowing in their daily mud bath, then travel to the leafy suburb of Karen for lunch followed by a visit to the Karen Blixen Museum, the former home of the famous Danish ‘Out of Africa’ author who chose Kenya as her home.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 4– Nairobi – Samburu National Reserve (2 Nights)
Leave the hustle and bustle of Nairobi behind and embark on a 4×4 journey north through the Mt. Kenya region. Continue your safari adventure with an afternoon game drive in Samburu National Reserve, tracking such species as the Grevy’s Zebra and the Reticulated Giraffe endemic to the northern Kenya region. Your accommodation tonight is a luxury tented camp on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Hotel: Ashnil Samburu Camp (or similar)
Day 5– Samburu National Reserve Safari Game Drives
Made famous in the award-winning book and movie Born Free, Samburu National Reserve was the home of Elsa, the famous lioness raised by conservationists George and Joy Adamson. Rise early with the birds and embark on a morning game drive through acacia forest and expansive grasslands in search of wildlife. Relax at your camp on your return then head out back out into the savannah on a late afternoon game drive.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6– Samburu National Reserve – Aberdare National Park
Journey south to Aberdare National Park, where en route you’ll ‘Connect With Locals’ over the robust aromas of coffee during a ‘Be My Guest’ experience on a plantation in the highlands of central Kenya. You’ll have an opportunity to sample some of the local coffee and learn how your hosts are part of a cooperative system from production through to sale. Stay overnight in one of Trafalgar’s ‘Stays With Stories’ – The Ark Lodge. Reminiscent of Noah’s Ark, this accommodation offers four viewing areas from which to observe the endemic bird and animal species which frequent the on-site waterhole and salt lick.
Meals: Breakfast, Be My Guest, Dinner
Hotel: The Ark Lodge (or similar)
Day 7– Aberdare National Park – Lake Nakuru National Park
Have your camera ready for a photo stop at the spectacular Thomson’s Falls before connecting with the soul of Africa’s Great Rift Valley. Visit the bird watcher’s paradise that is Lake Nakuru National Park, then join your Driver Guide for an afternoon game drive to spot pink flamingos lining the lakeshore and to search for lion and leopard.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Hotel: Lake Nakuru Lodge (or similar)
Day 8– Lake Nakuru National Park – Maasai Mara National Reserve (2 Nights)
Your journey continues to the world-renowned Maasai Mara National Reserve, your home for the next two nights. During your time here, spend some time at your lodge’s watering hole where large pods of hippo can often be seen.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Hotel: Keekorok Lodge (or similar)
Day 9– Maasai Mara Full Day Safari Game Drive
Don your hat and polish those binoculars for a full day of safari in Maasai Mara’s wilderness. When you’re not traversing the savannah in search of the Big 5, you’ll ‘Dive Into Culture’ and join a Maasai community in their local village. Watch the colourfully clad warriors demonstrate their jumping prowess, then tour the village to gain in-depth insights into their daily life. Later, indulge in a bush picnic – the sounds of the bush the perfect accompaniment while you keep your eyes peeled for the flash of resident Bee-eaters, Rollers and Hoopoes flitting from tree to tree.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Farewell Dinner
Day 10– Maasai Mara National Reserve – Depart Nairobi
Your Kenyan safari adventure at its end, you’ll return to Nairobi, where a day room has been reserved for you at one of Nairobi’s airport hotels prior to your evening flight home.
* Kenya: Canadian passport holders can obtain an e-Visa approx. U$51pp prior to departure online at http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html Subject to change. Details will be attached with your invoice.
* Ground Handler: Somak Holidays
* Please Note: The full duration of this itinerary is operated by a 4×4 safari vehicle, including all road travel and safari game drives. The trip will travel over a variety of terrains, resulting in some rough and bumpy journeys. We would not recommend it to anyone suffering from back problems. Guests must travel with a soft sided bag or medium size suitcases due to limited space in the safari vehicles.
* Rare wilder beast migration siting opportunity. The Great Migration is a seasonal event and is generally observed in the Maasai Mara July to October time.