Begin in the capital city of Amman and conclude at the Dead Sea—one of the lowest spots on Earth. Marvel at Jordan’s many amazing sites, but without the crowds or prices of the busy season!
- 6 night First Class guided vacation
- 6 nights accommodation
- 12 Meals: 6 breakfast daily; 6 three-course dinners
- Sightseeing excursions with individual headsets throughout the tour
- Highlights: Amman, Wadi Rum, Petra, Kerak, Wadi Mujib, Madaba, Mount Nebo, Bethany Beyond the Jordan, Dead Sea
|Nov 12-29, 2023||from $1749 including tax|
|Dec 3-17, 2023||from $1589 including tax|
|Single Travellers||add $350|
Round trip airfare to Amman NOT included but can be added
- AMMAN – Welcome dinner; guided sightseeing, visit the amphitheater; excursion to Jerash
- WADI RUM – Visit the largest wadi in Jordan and Globus Local Favorite enjoy a four-wheel drive to the desert of Wadi Rum and receive a local scarf
- PETRA – Guided sightseeing, including Globus Local Favorite the Siq and the Treasury; sip tea in a Bedouin tent
- KERAK – Visit the Crusader Castle
- WADI MUJIB – Visit the Jordanian Grand Canyon
- MADABA – Visit St. George’s Church and the Archaeological Museum
- MOUNT NEBO – Visit the mountain where Moses saw the Promised Land
- BETHANY BEYOND THE JORDAN – Visit the site of John the Baptist’s settlement
- DEAD SEA – Farewell dinner
Inside visits and special features are shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
Day 1 ARRIVE IN AMMAN, JORDAN (D)
Arrive at Amman Airport and transfer to your hotel. Balance of the day is at leisure. Enjoy this evening’s welcome dinner with your traveling companions, hosted by your Tour Director.
Hotel: Kempinski Hotel
Day 2 AMMAN. EXCURSION TO JERASH (B/D)
Start this morning with guided city sightseeing of Amman and a visit to the ROMAN AMPHITHEATER. Later, travel to JERASH, which was inhabited as early as 3200 BC. Although the city was impacted by the earthquake of 749 AD, it is the site of the best preserved Greco-Roman ruins in the Middle East.
Day 3 AMMAN–WADI RUM–PETRA (B/D)
An exciting visit to Wadi Rum is on the program today. Wadi Rum is the largest wadi (ravine) in Jordan and made famous through the movie Lawrence of Arabia. Enjoy a spectacular FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE through the sand dunes and receive a keffiyeh, a local headscarf. Continue to the “Rose-Red City” of Petra, where you can relax at your hotel this evening or explore the ancient city.
Hotel: Movenpick Nabatean Castle
Day 4 PETRA (B/D)
Full day of guided sightseeing in Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New7Wonders of the World®. Lost to the world for centuries, Petra is located in the biblical land of Moab. Enjoy an unforgettable experience as you walk down the SIQ, the narrow gorge made famous in the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Stand in awe in front of the iconic and famed TREASURY. See spectacular temples and tombs created out of the rose-colored sandstone, and sip tea in a real BEDOUIN TENT.
Day 5 PETRA–KERAK–WADI MUJIB–DEAD SEA (B/D)
This morning features Kerak, with a visit to the CRUSADER CASTLE and Wadi Mujib, the “Jordanian Grand Canyon.” Continue to your hotel at the Dead Sea for your 2-night stay.
Hotel: Moevenpick Dead Sea
Day 6 DEAD SEA. EXCURSION TO MADABA, MOUNT NEBO & BETHANY BEYOND THE JORDAN (B/D)
A fascinating day awaits! Stop in Madaba to visit ST. GEORGE’S CHURCH, which houses a precious 6th-century mosaic map of the Holy Land. Also explore the MADABA ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM. Today’s major highlight is a visit to MOUNT NEBO, where Moses saw the Promised Land. Next is Bethany Beyond the Jordan, where Christians believe that Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.Back at the Dead Sea tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner with your traveling companions to celebrate an unforgettable journey.
Day 7 DEAD SEA (B)
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning (the nearest airport is Amman)
The decision to travel is your choice and you are responsible for your personal safety abroad. We take the safety and security of Canadians abroad very seriously and provide credible and timely information in our Travel Advice to enable you to make well-informed decisions regarding your travel abroad.
Required, and valid for 30 days. If you arrive by air or through the Sheikh Hussein border crossing, you may obtain a visa upon arrival. If you enter the country via the King Hussein Bridge or Wadi Araba (Aqaba) border crossing, you must obtain a visa before travelling, either online or from a Jordanian diplomatic mission. You can extend the validity of a visitor visa at any police station. If you overstay your visa, you’ll be fined when leaving the country.