Step into a world of snow-capped mountains, traditional alpine villages and warm hospitality. This idyllic journey takes you to fairy-tale castles, breathtaking peaks and storybook meadows.
- 9 night luxury guided vacation
- 9 nights in exceptional accommodations
– St. Moritz: Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains is located at the Mauritius spring, the actual root of St Moritz itself. With direct access to the ski and hiking region of Corviglia, the hotel offers excellent facilities. The sports centre and local swimming lakes are also within easy walking distance.
– Zermatt: Situated in the heart of Zermatt, Mont Cervin hotel offers a range of gourmet restaurants, a wellness spa and easy access to beautiful mountain trails.
– Lake Geneva: Elegantly poised at the edge of Lake Geneva with magnificent views of the famous Jet d’Eau and Mont Blanc, the beautiful Hotel d’Angleterre effortlessly combines British charm with the finest Swiss hospitality.
– Lucerne: Hotel Schweizerhof Luzern opened its gates in 1845 and is one of the few Swiss hotels to have an art history of national significance. This traditional establishment exudes 19th-century glamour. At the same time, its modern infrastructure and award-winning rooms offer all the modern amenities our guests could wish for.
- 16 meals: 9 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunch (L) and 5 Dinners with wine (D)
- Roundtrip private airport transfers
- First class seats onboard the world-famous Glacier Express Scenic Train
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Also include are all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
|Jun 9-Sep 8, 2024||from $11729 tax included|
|Single Room Supplement||add from $1650|
|Pre-Pay Gratuities (Travel Director and Driver)||add $186 per person|
Air additional but can be quoted if available
- Lucerne: After-hours Private Tour of the Rosengart Collection in LucerneWander the art-filled halls of the Rosengart Collection, where you’ll enjoy an after-hours private tour and drinks reception surrounded by the masterpieces of Chagall, Renoir, Kandinksy and Picasso.
- Liechtenstein: Known for being one of Europe’s smallest countries and dotted with medieval castles, traditional villages and dramatic mountains. See Vaduz Castle, home to the Prince of Liechtenstein, ruler and descendent of one the world’s oldest noble families.
- St Moritz: Experience St. Moritz Your Way with a choice of joining a nature guide for a mountain stroll or learning about the incredible local wildlife – like Marmots, Red Deer and the Golden Eagle – from a wildlife expert.
- Glacier Express: Take your first class seat onboard this world-famous train, the most spectacular way to travel through the Swiss Alps. Marvel at unrivaled views of snow-covered peaks, alpine villages and the Rhine Gorge, known as the Grand Canyon of Switzerland.
- Gornergrat: Ride the cogwheel train to the summit of the mountain, for a glimpse of Switzerland’s highest peaks, the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa.
- Nendaz Alphorn Demonstration: Get to know the alphorn, an iconic part of Swiss heritage that mountain towns historically used as a means of communication. Today, it’s considered a unique musical instrument and you can have fun trying to play it yourself.
- Nendaz Village Tour: Join a Local Expert and take a walk through the picturesque alpine village, and taste local delicacies at the water mill.
- Geneva: Join your Local Expert for an orientation walking tour of Geneva with stops at the Floral Clock and the Reformation Monument.
- Geneva Red Cross Museum: Visit the inspiring Red Cross Museum, dedicated to the globally recognised organization that was founded by Geneva’s own Henri Dunant.
- Lake Geneva: Relax on a boat cruise as you glide on the pristine waters of Lake Geneva.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the stirring Lion Monument, Old Town Hall, the covered bridges and the quaint square of Weinmarkt with its Renaissance fountain.
- Lucerne Swiss Transportation Museum: Visit the Swiss Transportation Museum, an interactive and engaging exhibition displaying a wide range from luxury Monteverdi cars to alpine trains. Switzerland’s natural ruggedness required a lot of effort to connect to the remote communities and the museum does a spectacular job in revealing not only the history, but glimpses into the future of transportation.
- Lucerne Watchmaker: Switzerland is world-renowned for watchmaking, with big brands and smaller artisans crafting exquisite watches. Meet a local watchmaker to get an insight into how unique timepieces are produced.
- Zürich: Brasserie Lipp is one of the oldest Parisian-style brasseries in Zürich and a favourite to locals and travellers alike for many years. Enjoy local Swiss cuisine, served with wine as you get to know your fellow travellers during your Welcome Dinner.
- St. Moritz: Enjoy your evening meal at the delightful Restaurant Engiadina.
- Zermatt: On Your Choice Evening, you will be offered a hand-picked selection of local restaurants, choose your own ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Geneva:Experience the quality and ﬂawless service of the Michelin-starred restaurant, La Chaumière. Savor fine cuisine prepared using the very best ingredients, featuring traditional dishes as well as more contemporary creations.
- Gruyères: Around a bubbling pot of delicious, freshly made fondue, savour authentic Swiss dining with a chilled glass of wine.
- Broc Maison Cailler Chocolate Factory Visit: Chocolate-lovers will enjoy a truly immersive experience at Maison Cailler, in the village of Broc, that takes you through the history of the sweet in a multi-sensory tour. The chocolate manufacturer is one of the oldest in the world.
- Lucerne: Cruise on Lake Lucerne before embarking on a scenic cable car ride to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn. Here, amid true Alpine majesty, your journey comes to a close with a fabulous Celebration Dinner at a panoramic rotating restaurant, offering breathtaking views.
Day 1 – Welcome to Switzerland (D) Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. On arrival at Zürich Airport, meet your personal chauffeur and transfer to your prestigious downtown hotel, located just steps away from the tree-lined Bahnhofstrasse, one of Europe’s most exclusive shopping streets. Join your Travelling Concierge at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner of traditional Swiss cuisine, hosted at Brasserie Lipp, a local favourite & includes Wine. Hotel: 4-star Hotel Schweizerhof Zürich or similar Day 2 – Zurich – Vaduz – St. Moritz (B/D) Journey to Vaduz, the capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein. Known for being one of Europe’s smallest countries, Liechtenstein is dotted with medieval castles, traditional villages and dramatic mountains. On arrival, ascend the Julier Pass until you reach the sparkling Engadine Valley and the chic, jet-set resort of St. Moritz. Dine in style at the local Restaurant Engiadina in the evening which includes wine. Hotel: 5-star Grand Hotel des Bains Kempinski or similar (2 nights) Day 3 – St. Moritz – The Roof of Europe (B) Experience St. Moritz Your Way and choose between joining a nature guide for a gentle mountain hike, if the weather permits, or hearing a talk about the incredible local wildlife like Marmots, Red Deer and the Golden Eagle. Enjoy the afternoon at your leisure, perhaps shopping in the designer boutiques. Alternatively, enjoy the facilities of your prestigious hotel, which boasts a selection of gourmet restaurants, a luxury spa and a tennis-and-squash centre. Day 4 – Saint Moritz – Zermatt (B/L) Step aboard the world-famous Glacier Express and take your first class seats for a spectacular ride through the heart of the Swiss Alps. Descend through the spiral tunnels of the Albula Pass and over the lofty Landwasser Viaduct. Picturesque landscapes of ice-capped mountains and stone-built villages, with chalet-style houses, will be in sight as you ascend to the highest point of the route, 2,033 metres to the icy Oberalp Pass. The modern panorama viewing car means you won’t miss a thing on your descent to Andermatt. Arrive in Zermatt in the late afternoon where you’ll be escorted to your hotel. Hotel: 5-star Mont Cervin Palace or similar (2 nights) Day 5 – Zermatt and Gornergrat Experience (B/D) Board the cogwheel train that winds slowly up through the forests and alpine meadows of Gornergrat Mountain to reach the highest outdoor train station at 3,089 meters. As you travel past mountain lakes and ravines, keep an ear out for the soft chiming of cowbells in the background. From the summit, expect superb views of the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa, among Switzerland’s highest peaks. In the afternoon, spend time at leisure, perhaps enjoying a swim and spa treatment at your five-star hotel? As dusk descends, Zermatt offers a wealth of dining possibilities. This evening you’re invited to choose from a hand-picked selection of fine local restaurants and authentic menus for a Your Choice Evening which includes dinner and wine. Day 6 – Zermatt – Nendaz – Lake Geneva – Geneva (B) Choose to join a Local Expert and take a walk through the picturesque alpine village, and taste local delicacies at the water mill. Alternatively, get up-close to the famous Swiss alphorn, an iconic part of local culture originally used for communicating across mountain communities. The grandeur of Lake Geneva awaits us as we continue our journey along the Swiss Riviera; enjoying astonishing views over the French Alps and passing elegant Montreux, world-famous for its Jazz Festival. In Geneva arrive at Hotel d’Angleterre, perfectly situated on the banks of the lake, which blends British charm with the finest Swiss hospitality. Enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. Perhaps have afternoon tea at your hotel, or walk across the road to the waterfront for a drink with the backdrop of the Jet d’Eau. Hotel: 5-star Hotel d’Angleterre or similar (2 nights) Day 7 – Highlights of Geneva. B/D) Choose to relax on a boat cruise as you glide on the pristine waters of Lake Geneva. Alternatively, visit the inspiring Red Cross Museum, dedicated to the globally recognised organization that was founded by Geneva’s own Henri Dunant. This evening you are invited for a special dinner at La Chaumière which includes wine. Nestled in the Geneva countryside this establishment celebrates cuisine in all its forms. In its bright interior, savor fine cuisine prepared using the very best ingredients, featuring traditional dishes as well as more contemporary creations. Day 8 – La Gruyère and on to Lucerne (B/L) Journey through story-book Alpine scenery en route to visit Maison Cailler in the village of Broc, where chocolate creation has been raised to a specialized art form. Travel to the lovely medieval town of Gruyères, Switzerland’s cheese manufacturing mecca. For your lunch, savor the region’s most famous culinary treat with a pot of bubbling fondue and a glass of chilled white wine. Continue on to beautiful Lucerne where your Traveling Concierge will show you the stirring Lion Monument, Old Town Hall and the Chapel bridge. Tonight, a special VIP experience awaits as you visit the impressionist and modernist Rosengart Collection after hours for a private tour. Marvel at the works of Chagall, Renoir or Kandinsky to name a few, and enjoy a drinks reception surrounded by the masterpieces of Pablo Picasso. Hotel: 5-star Hotel Schweizerhof Luzern or similar (2 nights) Day 9 – Lucerne (B/D) Choose to visit the Swiss Transportation Museum, an interactive and engaging exhibition on the development of transport throughout the years, from luxury Moneverdi cars to alpine trains. Switzerland’s natural ruggedness required a lot of effort to connect to the remote communities and the museum does a spectacular job in revealing not only the history, but glimpses into the future of transportation. Alternatively, meet a local watchmaker and get insights into how they create unique timepieces. Enjoy some leisure time in the afternoon. This evening, embark on a scenic journey with a romantic cruise upon Lake Lucerne to reach Stans, followed by a cable car to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn. Here, amid true Alpine majesty, your journey comes to a close with a fabulous Celebration Dinner at a panoramic restaurant, offering expansive views over the Alps. Day 10 – Lucerne – Zurich (B) After breakfast, transfer to Zürich Airport for your onward journey.