Your iconic and unexpected journey, culminating at the Grand Canyon, takes you past mystical chimneys, imposing mesas in Monument Valley and the rock-hewn faces of former presidents.
- Round trip airfare to Las Vegas
- 14 night guided vacation First Class coach tour
- 1 post tour hotel night
- 22 meals – 14 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners
- transportation while on tour
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
- ORIENTATION of Salt Lake City
- VISIT Zion, Bryce Canyon, Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Arches, Mesa Verde, Grand Canyon National Parks, Jackson, the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Little Bighorn Battlefield, the Mile High City of Denver, Monument Valley, Las Vegas
- VIEW Crazy Horse Memorial, iconic Mount Rushmore in South Dakota
- SEE iconic Delicate Arch
- SCENIC DRIVE along Desert View Drive
The Trafalgar Difference
- CONNECT WITH LOCALS – Experience true Western hospitality in Montana’s Big Sky Country. (Day 7)
- DIVE INTO CULTURE – Meet Stephen Yellowhawk and discover the history of his tribe during a festive evening of dance and song. (Day 9)
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE – Contribute to the preservation of the heritage of Native Americans during a visit to the Crazy Horse Memorial. (Day 9)
- LOCAL SPECIALIST – For included sightseeing in Monument Valley and at the Grand Canyon. (Day 14)
|September 15-October 22, 2020||Based on Double or Single Share|
|Vancouver||from $7099 + $178 tax|
|Victoria, Kelowna||from $7399 + $178 tax|
|Calgary, Edmonton||from $7299 + $178 tax|
|Single Room Supplement||add $3075|
Day 1 – Arrive Las Vegas
Las Vegas launches our encounter with America’s national parks. This evening, meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and then soar 550 feet above the center of the Las Vegas Strip on the High Roller, the world’s tallest observation wheel.
Day 2 – Las Vegas – Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks
Zion National Park’s towering cream, pink and red cliffs are our first stop today as we journey towards the enchanting landscapes of Bryce Canyon. Admire the rusty red limestone spires that rise up surreally from the desert floor to meet Utah’s skies.
Day 3 – Bryce Canyon – Salt Lake City
Travel north to Utah’s capital to see its Mormon centre – Temple Square – and discover the basic beliefs and history of the Mormon pioneers. This evening, choose to enjoy an optional dinner at the Roof Restaurant, Utah’s premier gourmet dining location.
Day 4 – Salt Lake City – Montpelier – Jackson
Imagine a time when brave pioneers travelled West in search of a better life as you cross the Oregon Trail, stopping in Montpelier at the Oregon Trail Center. Enjoy lunch at a covered wagon-themed restaurant before departing to scenic Jackson, which stands in the shadows of the icy peaks of the Teton Range. Enjoy an evening at leisure.
Day 5 – Jackson – Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks (2 Nights)
Cross the alpine landscapes of Grand Teton National Park en route to Yellowstone’s geothermal wonderland. We overnight at one of the lodges within the national park.
Day 6 – Yellowstone National Park Sightseeing
Enjoy a full day to explore the natural splendour of one of the world’s oldest national parks. See the rusting walls of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, then join your Travel Director to explore the park’s bubbling hot springs, mud paint pots and Old Faithful as its waters shoot impressively up into the air.
Day 7 – Yellowstone – Cody – Billings
Pay tribute to “Buffalo Bill” in his hometown of Cody, where you’ll visit the Buffalo Bill Center of the West museum complex to gain a deeper understanding of the “Spirit of the American West”. Then it’s on to Big Sky Country where we ‘Connect with Locals’ in an effortlessly delivered authentic encounter with true Western hospitality.
Day 8 – Billings – Little Bighorn – Rapid City (2 Nights)
Our day begins with a visit to Little Bighorn, the infamous battlefield where the ill-fated Custer led his men against a battalion of Sioux and Cheyenne warriors. Continue east through the Black Hills to Rapid City.
Day 9 – Black Hills Excursion
Venture into the Black Hills of South Dakota as you make your way to the base of Crazy Horse Memorial. As you gaze at the colossal carved face of this famous war leader, learn how your visit ‘Makes a Difference’ by preserving Native American Culture. We continue to Mount Rushmore to view the faces of former American presidents etched into the granite rock-face, then ‘Dive into Culture’ with Stephen Yellowhawk, who will regale you with stories of his tribe’s history during a festive dinner.
Day 10 – Rapid City – Denver
Travel south through the expansive prairies of Wyoming to Denver, the Mile High City, where you’ll enjoy an evening at leisure.
Day 11 – Denver – Vail – Moab (2 Nights)
Ascend into the foothills of the Rockies and cross the Continental Divide en route to the alpine village of Vail, renowned for its epic powder-filled alpine basins that have attracted skiers since the 1960s. We continue to Moab for an evening on your terms.
Day 12 – Canyonlands and Arches National Parks Excursion
Our national park journey takes us to Canyon Country, where we see first-hand the power of the Colorado River carving its way through the rocky red landscape at Canyonlands National Park. Next up, the Arches National Park provides an insightful encounter with thousands of natural sandstone arches formed by rain and wind where you may choose to take a short hike to iconic Delicate Arch view point.
Day 13 – Moab – Mesa Verde National Park – Monument Valley
Admire the ancient cliff dwellings of the Ancestral Puebloan people, carved out of the sandstone of the canyon walls at the UNESCO-listed Mesa Verde National Park. Our connection with the first nations of this land continues as we enjoy a cookout Regional Dinner in Monument Valley.
Day 14 – Monument Valley – Grand Canyon National Park
Explore the red valley floor of Monument Valley in a special open-air vehicle, accompanied by a Local Specialist. Visit the land of the Navajo people, stopping at the historic Cameron Trading Post, before arriving at the UNESCO-listed Grand Canyon where you’ll meet a Local Specialist. Gain a deeper understanding of into how this immense canyon came to be and why, as Theodore Roosevelt once proclaimed, “it is beyond comparison-beyond description”. Toast to the Trafalgar Highlights of America’s national parks and enjoy a Farewell Dinner with new friends inside the park.
Day 15 – Grand Canyon – Depart Las Vegas
Consider an optional helicopter or fixed-wing aircraft flightseeing trip over the canyon before hitting the road again. End your journey in Las Vegas where a transfer is provided to Las Vegas International Airport or to Harrah’s Las Vegas for guests extending their stay.