Sample seafood in Lima, explore ruins and haggle at local markets in the Sacred Valley, learn ancient traditions at the Planeterra-supported Women’s Weaving Co-op. This is perfect for those looking to experience the region’s archaeological and cultural treasures in a short amount of time, this adventure includes a 3-day or four-day trek and/or train to Machu Pichu.
- International and Domestic flights
- 11 night guided vacation
- 11 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners (Allow USD200-260 for meals not included)
- Hotels/guesthouses (6 nts), camping (3 nts), G Lodge Amazon (2 nts)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities by Public bus, plane, train, boat, canoe, hiking.
- Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins guided tour with visit to a G Adventures-supported women’s weaving project (full-day)
- Lunch at the G Adventures-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village (included in meals above)
- Guided hike to Machu Picchu or Aguas Calientes with cooks and porters (4-days) or stay 2 extra nights in Cusco and train to Machu Picchu
- Handmade biodegradable soap products for use on the Inca Trail
- Machu Picchu guided tour
- Amazon Jungle stay at the exclusive G Lodge Amazon (3-day)
- Representatives in Lima and Cusco, specialist Inca Trail or Lares Trail guide on hike and expert jungle guide in Amazon.
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
|November 1-30, 2019||April 1 – 30, 2020|
|Vancouver||from $3899 + $177 tax||from $3999 + $202 tax|
|Victoria, Kelowna, Edmonton||from $4199 + $177 tax||from $4299 + $202 tax|
|Calgary||from $4099 + $177 tax||from $4199 + $202|
|Toronto||from $3549 + $181 tax||from $3699 + $147 tax|
Per person based on shared accommodation
My own room add $459 (hotel stays only, camping shared tent and shared jungle stay)
*Option to stay 2 extra nights in Cuzco and train to Machu Picchu to meet back up with group
*Hike to Machu Picchu could be on Inca Trail or Lares Trail, depending on what permits are available at time of booking. The Inca trails permits are sold out until October 2019 as they have reduced the amount of hikers allowed per day. The Lares trail is an option if hiking or booking outside of this time frame even into 2020 to secure a spot
Day 1: Lima
Arrive in Lima and transfer to the hotel
Day 2: Lima/Cusco (B)
Hop on a flight to Cusco. Enjoy a free day of shopping and exploring the city. Opt for a city tour.
Day 3: Cusco/Ollantaytambo (B/L)
Enjoy a full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley. Stop at the G Adventures-supported women’s weaving co-op before exploring the Pisac ruins. Break for lunch at the G Adventures-supported Parwa community restaurant in Huchuy Qosco. Finish the day exploring the Ollantaytambo ruins with a local guide.
Day 4-6: Ollantaytambo – Inca Trail Hike, Lares Trail Hike, Cusco Stay & Train (B/L/D)
Choose to hike the Inca Trail (permit pending) or Hike the Lares Trail and train the final distance from Aguas Calientes into Machu Picchu or stay 2 additional nights in Cusco and train to Machu Picchu. Included 2 tours: Maras Salt Mines and Moray visit & Cusco City Tour and Market visit
Day 7: Wiñaywayna or Aguas Calientes to Cusco (B)
The final day of the Inca Trail hike starts pre-dawn to reach the Sun Gate before sunrise. Wake up around 03:30 and walk to the checkpoint. Catch the first views of the breathtaking ruins of Machu Picchu on a clear day. Hike down to Machu Picchu for a guided tour of the site and free time to explore. Opt to visit the Inca Bridge, if time allows.
Catch the bus to Aguas Calientes to meet the CEO and any non-hiking members of your group. Eat and relax before your train back to Cusco in the afternoon.
Day 8: Cusco (B)
Continue to explore Cusco on a free day in the city.
Day 9: Cusco/Tambopata (B/L/D)
Fly to Puerto Maldonado and continue by motorized boat to our comfortable and intimate G Lodge Amazon.
Day 10: Tambopata (B/L/D)
Enjoy guided excursions led by expert naturalists to spot wildlife at nearby oxbow lakes and along jungle trails. Spend some time relaxing in a hammock, enjoying the local swimming hole, or visiting a nearby plantation. Go on a caiman-spotting cruise after dinner.
Day 11: Tambopata/Lima (B)
Fly back to Lima for an optional final dinner and night out.
Day 12: Lima (B)
Depart at any time.